Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Dominica Cabrits Resort & Spa [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2023, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
InterContinental Dominica Cabrits Resort & Spa [Master Thread]

Old Jun 25, 2023, 10:01 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

This is the former Kempinski resort. If you are curious what the hotel looks like, you might find a thread over in the "other hotels" forum.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 3:15 pm

IHG was pushing this in a promotion / marketing email I got a few days ago and it got me interested ... if anyone can share experiences after the reflagging to IHG, I would be very grateful. (I do not mind it is in the middle of nowhere, looks like a great place to relax away from the stress at work.)

I looked at prices for mid-2024 and even basic rooms sell for close to 500€ per night (B&B, incl. taxes), which I find quite "ambitious" ... On the other hand, rewards were available for 60k points per night, which is more acceptable, and if IHG comes back with one of those 20%-off-reward-stays sales, that would make it even more attractive for me.

It seems that reaching it is a bit of a hassle - of the "mainstream" carriers only AA flies to DOM from MIA 3x weekly using E75 and for a 3-hour flight the prices seem a bit steep, but with better research this can be managed.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 6:57 pm

Has anybody stayed here? Website states there is a “complimentary airport shuttle”. According to Google maps, it’s a 60 minute drive. Does the 20 mile drive actually take that long? Does the hotel shuttle actually exist? Is it a bus? The reason why I care so much is that we’d have a 3 year old in tow, and have had bad experiences in the Caribbean with transfers and rentals claiming they have car seats.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 2:30 pm

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
I have a reservation here for 5 nights this April as an RA. Has anyone had any experiences?

I've emailed to arrange transfers from Roseau which has been sorted but the room type I booked (1 bedroom suite private pool mountain view) is apparently no longer available. They've offered a 1 bedroom suite ocean view with outdoor tub as a free upgrade for the inconvenience (1 category). They do have a private pool suite ocean view which looks to be 2 categories above what I booked. It's the private pool bit I'm interested in.

I've asked about the Royal Ambassador upgrade but I'm not sure they're aware of what that is.

I know it's fairly new to IHG and it's possible no RAs have stayed here. Just wondered if we had any experiences here.
VaBeachGirl likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 2:02 pm

Just an update on this if anyone is following it.

It's all sorted following further contact from the hotel.

As suspected, just not aware of RA which is understandable as a new hotel and possibly not known by the person I was in contact with. Not something I would have got into until they told me the room type I'd booked wasn't actually available.

I'll be sure to report back after my stay. The place looks stunning!
VaBeachGirl likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 7:50 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Originally Posted by Smythmeister
Just an update on this if anyone is following it.

It's all sorted following further contact from the hotel.

As suspected, just not aware of RA which is understandable as a new hotel and possibly not known by the person I was in contact with. Not something I would have got into until they told me the room type I'd booked wasn't actually available.

I'll be sure to report back after my stay. The place looks stunning!
Definitely report back! I'm thinking of staying here over Thanksgiving.
Smythmeister likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 4:23 pm

Well what a delightful place this is. I'm currently 3 nights into my 5 night stay here. There are only around 3 guests staying, including us.

I'll do a proper review in the standard format when I return but everything from the staff to the rooms, to the outside space is just brilliant. RA recognition also exemplary.

They were celebrating their first anniversary as an InterContinental last night. Caribbean steel band, complimentary food and drinks and staff mingling with guests, including the GM. Once again, a wonderful experience.

The island itself is quite amazing. Volcanic craters with sulphur springs, waterfalls and intense amount of heat and humidity!

It's a bit of a bind to get to (we came by boat from Guadeloupe) but staff tell me that AA are stepping up to daily flights and the Dominican government are midway through a new airport which can take wide body jets. Current one can't.

​​​​​More once I return!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.