Wiki Posts
Search

Staybridge Carlsbad

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2023, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Staybridge Carlsbad

Spent almost 3 weeks at the Staybridge Carlsbad.

Thought I'd leave a quick review of a place I enjoyed as sometimes I seem to just write reviews when a place is disappointing.

Plus:
  • Super friendly staff, probably worth it just for that.
  • Cute happy-hour 5-7 M-W. Beer/Wine and free food. Was really surprised when they pulled out bottles of local craft beer. Was expecting just bud-light on tap.
  • Free laundry, which at first I scoffed at, but then I did a load and didn't have to run around to find quarters. EZ-button. (Pods sold at the front kiosk for $2/2 so I guess it wasn't free but thats pretty close).
  • Lovely location. There's a ton of restaurants and a nice grocery store within 5-minute walking distance. Not far from Pizza Port (10-min walk or a quick drive) which I'd recommend if you want to try great down-home pizza that doubles as a microbrewery, a San Diego institution.
  • Full sized fridge in the kitchen.
  • Was bad weather when I was there but they had a lovely patio with the pool and (out of service) jacuzzi, as well as a half basketball/tennis court, and BBQ that would have been nice to use if it was warmer.
Cons:
  • Jacuzzi was "going to be fixed tomorrow" pretty much every day I was there.
  • I didn't have any problem with my room but some coworkers said the rooms were a little dated.
  • Desk wasn't setup to use the TV as a side-monitor
Really happy with my stay here. I'll be in Carlsbad for work for the next few months. Work put me up here for my first stint. Will be mattress running the Marriott to get my status back. Will be a tough decision when that's over. Continue at the Residence Inn, which I hear is a bit nicer/newer, but doesn't have walkable eating? Or back to the friendly Staybridge? I suspect I'll be back!
HadesNL and FLYGVA like this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 5:08 pm

I've stayed here off and on also, they raised their prices recently, so I've been staying at other places too. I refuse to pay $200 for a Staybridge...haha... but the prices dip. I like staying here too and like the restaurants nearby. They do a decent job of upgrades to the 1 bedroom as a Diamond, if you book the studio.
ryandelmundo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.