Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Holiday Inn Vacation Property, is resort fee waived for points booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2023, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Marriott Rewards

The Holiday Inn Vacation Property I'm looking at in Vegas which is Desert Resort Club has a $30/night amenity/resort fee for cash booking. Is this resort fee waived for points booking?
Old Apr 24, 2023, 2:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by th79ft
The Holiday Inn Vacation Property I'm looking at in Vegas which is Desert Resort Club has a $30/night amenity/resort fee for cash booking. Is this resort fee waived for points booking?
I've read that officially IHG doesn't waive, but this property didn't charge me
Old Apr 25, 2023, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Dimond Amb
I have a 10 night points stay at HI Resort Orlando - waterpark in June. The resort fee is $49 a night, so I'm hoping they will waive that.
Old May 6, 2023, 8:30 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Originally Posted by Jonathan2712
I have a 10 night points stay at HI Resort Orlando - waterpark in June. The resort fee is $49 a night, so I'm hoping they will waive that.
This property charged us the resort fee back in early November. The rooms while newer are also poorly maintained. The lady in the room next door had a showerhead fall on her toddler and our bathtub faucet had a steady dribble throughout our stay and according to the lady in the room next door, for the prior week as well. We had asked for it to be fixed but was told that maintenance was not available. The waterpark area doesn't open until 9am and has a height and age limit. The toddler section is in the opposite side of the central activities pool in a section that is shaded in the morning so the water is quite cold.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Jonathan2712
How did it end up going? I've got four rooms for seven nights in January. a $1,400 discount would be nice!
Old Nov 7, 2023, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Dimond Amb
Originally Posted by jgrode
How did it end up going? I've got four rooms for seven nights in January. a $1,400 discount would be nice!

Bad news I'm afraid. They did charge the resort fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.