Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Chase IHG 4th night free not showing up on IHG acct yet after Approval

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2023, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Hi,

Recently applied and was approved for Chase IHG Premier card on the 22nd. I see my IHG account was attempting to update status to platinum due to approval already on the 22nd so I know the credit card is tied to my IHG account. But when I book a rewards booking of 5 days, it does not deduct 1 day as part of the 4th night free with the card. I googled around and saw that it took maybe a couple of days/weeks before that feature is fully functional on the account. I have a trip coming up with check in date of 6th of March, what if I continue to cancel and rebook in hopes that it shows the free night does not work in time? Has anyone been in the same situation? Do you call Chase? IHG? Can you potentially get that 4th night free points back? Is that possible? What are my options? Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2023, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ddavid1101
Hi,

Recently applied and was approved for Chase IHG Premier card on the 22nd. I see my IHG account was attempting to update status to platinum due to approval already on the 22nd so I know the credit card is tied to my IHG account. But when I book a rewards booking of 5 days, it does not deduct 1 day as part of the 4th night free with the card. I googled around and saw that it took maybe a couple of days/weeks before that feature is fully functional on the account. I have a trip coming up with check in date of 6th of March, what if I continue to cancel and rebook in hopes that it shows the free night does not work in time? Has anyone been in the same situation? Do you call Chase? IHG? Can you potentially get that 4th night free points back? Is that possible? What are my options? Thanks!
Is the upcoming award stay pricing the same if you are not logged in to your IHG Rewards account?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Is the upcoming award stay pricing the same if you are not logged in to your IHG Rewards account?
Yes it is. I also checked on wife's account who does not have a Chase IHG card. Pricing exactly the same.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 4:45 pm

Programs: IHG DA, HH Diamond, AMEX Plat
I think you have to wait for like few days. For me it was 6 days. I tried to call Chase and IHG since I also had few reservations, but they couldn't do anything. I ended up booking them after the 4th night free was linked to my account. I was lucky though because those points even dropped when it got closer to the date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.