Search

Diamond Elite query

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2023, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold , Hilton Diamond
Diamond Elite query

Hi. First time poster in this forum!

I have a quick query - I signed up via an offer to obtain Diamond Elite status which required a min stay requirement by 31/12/22 which I failed to reach.

On checking my account, I note that my status is still showing as Diamond Elite however it then shows ‘Diamond Elite until Dec 31 22’ in account section.

I would have expected that this would have reset by now now we are mid January - from your experience and my lack of knowledge of the programme, can I expect to lose this status soon or does it look like it may remain?

TIA
Old Jan 13, 2023, 9:21 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
My understanding, when IHG revamped the program last year, was that status would be earned between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31 of any given year, but status wouldn't expire until either Feb. 28 or March 31 (believe Feb. 28, but can't remember which), providing the usual grace period common in almost all loyalty programs. But people's status expiration dates never updated to a 2023 date, so it's unclear if that's still IHG's plan. The fact your status was via promo makes it even tougher to predict. Theoretically, IHG could pull it at any time.
GiddyKipper638 and LadyBell like this.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by js1993
My understanding, when IHG revamped the program last year, was that status would be earned between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31 of any given year, but status wouldn't expire until either Feb. 28 or March 31 (believe Feb. 28, but can't remember which), providing the usual grace period common in almost all loyalty programs. But people's status expiration dates never updated to a 2023 date, so it's unclear if that's still IHG's plan. The fact your status was via promo makes it even tougher to predict. Theoretically, IHG could pull it at any time.
I have the exact same question and looking for a 2 night stay the last weekend of February in the San Francisco area.

If status is still in place by then, is there an actual bonus to be a diamond elite when staying at the hotel? Like late check out perks or something like that. Just curious.

(Thanks in advance and also sorry for hijacking a pre-existing thread)
Old Jan 14, 2023, 8:51 am

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by LadyBell
I have the exact same question and looking for a 2 night stay the last weekend of February in the San Francisco area.

If status is still in place by then, is there an actual bonus to be a diamond elite when staying at the hotel? Like late check out perks or something like that. Just curious.

(Thanks in advance and also sorry for hijacking a pre-existing thread)
If you still have Diamond, then all of the Diamond benefits should apply. However, it's odd for accounts to be showing as expired Diamond, so it's not clear if people have the grace period I described above or if this is just another example of IHG's lousy IT. Hopefully some people in the same situation who have had IHG stays since Jan. 1 will chime in with their experiences.
LadyBell likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 12:00 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Just a quick note - I’m an expired Diamond. It shows in my account that it expired last month, yet my status still shows “diamond elite” and I’m still receiving diamond benefits on my current stay, which I’m surprised to see. My guess is that they are building in a grace period (similar to other chains) but their IT is the usual unclear mess.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 12:04 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Just a quick note - I’m an expired Diamond. It shows in my account that it expired last month, yet my status still shows “diamond elite” and I’m still receiving diamond benefits on my current stay, which I’m surprised to see. My guess is that they are building in a grace period (similar to other chains) but their IT is the usual unclear mess.
LadyBell likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 9:56 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bretmd
Thank you for your input, this was very helpful. I am contemplating a stay late February, So I really really hope the grace period is until then. Maybe I wait until early February to book? If still showing Diamond by then....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.