Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Transfer reservation

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2022, 11:27 am
Original Poster

IHG Transfer reservation

Any DP on successfully transfer reservation to another account?

Have an upcoming trip to IC Cozumel that is booked under my name but wifey just got approved for IHG credit card and we want to pool points in her account instead of mine.

I called IHG CS line but the rep said they have to cancel existing reservation and rebook, no guarantee to get the same price, very risky as the hotel is fully booked.

Wonderinf if there is any DP that front desk can change IHG account at check in ?

IHG transfer points is $5/1k pts, very expensive.

Thanks fellas !
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Just try a new reservation under wife’s account and see what rate comes up. If it is the same, book it and then cancel the other one.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pretzlaff
Just try a new reservation under wife’s account and see what rate comes up. If it is the same, book it and then cancel the other one.
The hotel is fully booked, can't make a new reservation.
Feel kinda risky to cancel to make space for the new booking thugh.
Have you experience with asking front desk to switch account at check-in ?
Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
If the hotel is full, I would not cancel what you have. I really doubt that it would cleanly come back into inventory at the same price, if at all.

I have no direct experience but I doubt they can do it. At least one of the reasons is that it could be used by third party sellers to hold, sell, and re-assign rooms. I doubt IHG would allow that.

Their response will be that she can check in if she is added as an additional guest, so there is no reason to do it.

I don’t think this is going to work for you.

My wife got an IHG card. I found juggling two accounts made me crazy. So as soon as we burned her points, we closed her credit card account.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pretzlaff
If the hotel is full, I would not cancel what you have. I really doubt that it would cleanly come back into inventory at the same price, if at all.

I have no direct experience but I doubt they can do it. At least one of the reasons is that it could be used by third party sellers to hold, sell, and re-assign rooms. I doubt IHG would allow that.

Their response will be that she can check in if she is added as an additional guest, so there is no reason to do it.

I don’t think this is going to work for you.

My wife got an IHG card. I found juggling two accounts made me crazy. So as soon as we burned her points, we closed her credit card account.
Thanks for the insights !!!

I will be there too, so whoever can check in works for us.

Only wondering if they can credit points to my wife account instead of my account that made the reservation.
I know it's a long shot, but will at least ask the front desk or manager if this is possible.
​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.