Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Website Maintenance Sept 5th (IHG being hacked)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2022, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
I filled out the 'General Comment' (since you cannot fill out missing points if your stay has dissapeared) form on the IHG site (https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/customer-care/forms) last week about a missing one night stay (which brought me to 50 nights) the day of the hack at a HIX. Got an email back today from Ambassador support (even though the stay in question was not at an IC) that credited the stay, gave me my milestone reward and threw in some points to bring my balance up to a round number lol. So they do get to the website requests eventually it seems.
Interesting. I'll try that as well. How many days did they take to respond?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:12 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Keyser
I did the same for 2 recent stays.

no answer but both the stays appeared in the past stays after 3 days and then I submitted the “regular” claims and after 2 more days I got the missing points

but no answer at all from CC

no answer al all from CC also for other 3 claims about the Up to 4x points promotion….and I haven’t been credited these points yet.

CC seems to be disappeared….
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:28 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
IHG is my primary programme,

Up till the pandemic i carried 1 million+ in balances, thinking Bora Bora / Tahiti destinations....
Uhuh....yeah, ahum...

but during the pandemic i cashed them all out for staycations + events with the whole extended family.
Surprisingly everyone+their extended relatives + their single cousins + eligable bachelors could be accomodated across all IHG-hotels in Amsterdam for the BarMitswah festivities for a couple of days.
The balance ended close to zero but now postpandemic has crept back to approx half a million.

That's what makes me stick to IHG: racking points are easy, there is always an IHG hotel in places in our travel/hosting plans where i can use them easily,
A free night / stay gifting to friends / relatives / family / unwanted houseguests / business invitées is an easy click away and always ends up in goodwill and appreciation.

Example why i don't join the Hyatt fan club:
- accruing points at slower rate
- no access to Hyatt creditcard for double nights promo to reach Globalist
- the Hyatt hotels in our frequent destinations are never of use due to their location / always involve extra travel due to distance

And yes the customer service in the Philipines.....
Although friendly i usually get the idea that they read of a script,
Took lessons from Carol Beer: "Computer says No"
better is to email Ambassador services instead.

So for now i am going to stick to IHG even though the IT comes staight out of Noah's ark,
Even though announcements/updates seem to be done by the less talented family member of the Witch of Endor

Back on topic:
- possible to book stays on € and on points again on both app and site
- also received confirmation of reservations
Parkdesigner and yurtripper like this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Sep 20, 2022 at 6:40 am
Old Sep 20, 2022, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Hopefully IHG makes this right, my dates recently went on sale for 2023 ( after my 40K cert normally posts) and the room was under 40K but I didn't have the cert so I couldn't book it..............now it's up to 42K points so I can't use the select card cert ( which still hasn't posted) unless the room drops back under 40K.
Don't the terms normally say you will get the night 8-10 weeks after anniversary? I know the IHG ones comes quicker. I get mine on my anniversary date, but the terms allow for the delay. So there is nothing for them to really make right
Old Sep 20, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by HadesNL

That's what makes me stick to IHG: racking points are easy, there is always an IHG hotel in places in our travel/hosting plans where i can use them easily,
A free night / stay gifting to friends / relatives / family / unwanted houseguests / business invitées is an easy click away and always ends up in goodwill and appreciation.
Same here. I’m a middle class leisure traveler and IHG is so very frequently a very good option in my personal Venn diagram of price/footprint/quality so I use them a lot. In so many places I visit, there are five good IHG options for every Hyatt option and the IHG option costs 25-40% less. So easy to stick with them despite their IT issues.
Happy, royalbrett, HadesNL and 1 others like this.

Last edited by beachmouse; Sep 20, 2022 at 8:03 am
Old Sep 20, 2022, 7:49 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I would say about a week.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
2 weeks on and no updates except the "A message to our guests: Deposits of any points you’ve earned from a recent stay or partner activity may be delayed, but they’re on the way. Thank you for your patience." Any ideas on how IHG are rectifying the issue; hopefully not a manual process.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Schnit
Don't the terms normally say you will get the night 8-10 weeks after anniversary? I know the IHG ones comes quicker. I get mine on my anniversary date, but the terms allow for the delay. So there is nothing for them to really make right

I have had this card for a while ( longer than 4 years) so I have no idea what the terms were WHEN I signed up but the past 4 years the FN has posted 9/13/20xx like clockwork.

I'm guessing IHG provides some compensation for all the points late posting from credit cards, stays, etc, so who knows how it plays out but I know if I don't complain I have zero shot.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 4:28 pm

Has IHG gone again? Getting no hotels found for any location I try.

You are number 86 in the queue
Old Sep 20, 2022, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by meinnit
Has IHG gone again? Getting no hotels found for any location I try.

You are number 86 in the queue
Seems like only the month of November is affected
Old Sep 20, 2022, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by meinnit
Seems like only the month of November is affected
Can't find any hotels for dates in December either.
meinnit likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Got another call from Citi today following up on this issue. They said that after about 2 weeks, the transfer eventually failed on IHG's end so the points were refunded back to my card. They have initiated a new transfer today. Lets see if this one goes through.
Will do. In the past these transfer have typically taken a day or two at the most.

I also had a stay about 2 weeks ago that had posted as pending before their systems went down. That stay has not re-appeared so far.

Finally, my free night from Chase posts to my account around the 10th of September every year. I'm still waiting for that as well.

I'm going to give it a week before following up on all 3.
Update on my pending points & certs.

Citi called me again today to say that the transfer once again failed on IHG's end so they have refunded the points. I am not going to try a third time now. Will just wait to see how long they take to sort out their issues.

Its been 3 weeks now since I checked out of a stay & the points have still not posted. Will wait another week to see if it re-appears before following up.

I followed up with Chase this morning regarding the free night. They said they will get back to me within 72 hours.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At this point I am 2k points short for an upcoming stay at the end of this month so am considering purchasing the points. I don't see either my Chase free night or pending points posting before that.

Has anyone purchased points over the last few weeks? Did they post right away?
Old Sep 21, 2022, 6:26 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
At this point I am 2k points short for an upcoming stay at the end of this month so am considering purchasing the points. I don't see either my Chase free night or pending points posting before that.

Has anyone purchased points over the last few weeks? Did they post right away?
While I didn’t purchase points, I did redeem for 4K points from e-Rewards on the 19th and they posted to my account in less than five minutes like usual.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachmouse
While I didn’t purchase points, I did redeem for 4K points from e-Rewards on the 19th and they posted to my account in less than five minutes like usual.
Good to know. I'm afraid that they won't post in time for my stay at the end of the month. I have no hope for the points from the missing stay to post anytime soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.