Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Manchester Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2022, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Holiday Inn Manchester Airport [Master Thread]

Holiday Inn Manchester Airport will open during summer 2022.

FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by nicolas75; Jul 8, 2022 at 4:05 pm
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:12 am

On the website it says "Rooms are not available until Nov 01, 2022"
November is definitely not summer in Manchester UK

We are conveniently located opposite Terminal 2 and easy walking distance to the airport station, as well as Terminals 1 and 3.
https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotel...ap/hoteldetail

Map
nicolas75 likes this.

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Jul 7, 2022 at 11:20 am
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
On the website it says "Rooms are not available until Nov 01, 2022"
November is definitely not summer in Manchester UK

We are conveniently located opposite Terminal 2 and easy walking distance to the airport station, as well as Terminals 1 and 3.
https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotel...ap/hoteldetail

Map
https://www.google.com/maps/place/53...8!4d-2.2764549

OK, late summer

The Holiday Inn I remember at MAN was a very considerable distance from any of the terminals, and a bit of a dump. I see that it's now the Airport Inn, helpfully listed as "just minutes" from the airport …...
Old Jan 13, 2023, 11:39 am

A while ago I made a reward booking in february, when the 20% offer came I was going to re-book but it saysRooms are not available until Feb 17, 2023 (the date I need is before that)
And it seems like the Crown Plaza is till closed for hotel guest.
Sigh
Old Jun 12, 2023, 3:05 pm

Don't know why, but there's a 15% discount on reward stays during June-Aug.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
4th recent stay here at present.

First two times, upgraded to a room with a fridge and Nespresso machine. Mini bar with a few soft drinks, mini wine bottles etc.
3rd time, same but only two cans of water in the mini bar.

This time, no upgrade, so a basic fridge free room on floor 6 (although it does have a bath with a shower over it rather than a shower cubicle if someone prefers that).
Desk agent ask if i wanted breakfast as i hadn't booked it, but mentioned it as a diamond amenity and it was added.
Did book it for £81 as some pre-pay promo rate?
Old Jan 24, 2024, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by xenole

First two times, upgraded to a room with a fridge and Nespresso machine. Mini bar with a few soft drinks, mini wine bottles etc.

This time, no upgrade, so a basic fridge free room on floor 6 (although it does have a bath with a shower over it rather than a shower cubicle if someone prefers that).
Desk agent ask if i wanted breakfast as i hadn't booked it, but mentioned it as a diamond amenity and it was added.
Rates have fallen considerably since the CP reopened.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Modo
Rates have fallen considerably since the CP reopened.
Seems to be £91 a few nights a week at present, maybe due to quieter travel periods?
£113 seems pretty average, hitting £148 at its peak.

If prices are fairly comparable to the CP, I would stay here as the CP is pretty basic at present.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 9:00 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum

I've had 4 stays as well and noticed that the snacks were missing on my last visit ( Im a Diamond Amb) Contacted reception and they sent some crisps and some soft drinks .

it's a bit of a walk from T1 to be honest but good for T2 .

The Turkish restaurant was great when they started but has gone a bit downhill now .
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:16 am

Prices this Saturday seem to have gone up a bit. No idea what the room differences are. Every room I've had has had that corner sofa thing, the last one on the 6th floor having a connecting door

Standard room or twin beds £123 or 27k points (about £8 more than the Crowne Plaza, or £36 more than the HIX)
Premium Room £152 (assume this is the one I've been upgraded to with a fridge etc.)
Queen bed premium sofa bed £173
King bedroom suite sofa bed £288

About £20 less per room on Mon / Tues at least. 23k points for a standard room.

Everyone must have got paid so can now afford a little more room rate wise
Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:18 pm

Prices this Saturday seem to have gone up a bit. No idea what the room differences are. Every room I've had has had that corner sofa thing, the last one on the 6th floor having a connecting door

Standard room or twin beds £123 or 27k points (about £8 more than the Crowne Plaza, or £36 more than the HIX)
Premium Room £152 (assume this is the one I've been upgraded to with a fridge etc.)
Queen bed premium sofa bed £173
King bedroom suite sofa bed £288

About £20 less per room on Mon / Tues at least. 23k points for a standard room.

Everyone must have got paid so can now afford a little more room rate wise
Manchester prices - likewise BA fares - will always be influenced by football fixtures at MU/MC. Liverpool similar pattern.

I paid 15k points for the CP last night in town - Sunday. Saturday it was cash only and well over £160.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 9:21 pm

£205 for the airport HI tomorrow. Close to double last week.
£117 for the CP in the city centre, or £136 for the Kimpton. Would rather pay these rates and £30ish for an Uber if I were flying.
HIX near the airport is £105 with the Premier Inns next door being about £40 less.

Definitely noticed prices hitting highs, even £250 for a £50 Travelodge when concerts etc. are on.

Not sure if anything happening this week, or its just people blowing their months pay on flights, or just some hotels being greedy.

The HIX next to Stockport station seems to be a weird one. Quite often sold out, or higher than average prices even though its not really that near anything of interest. No direct airport train either.

Last edited by xenole; Jan 29, 2024 at 9:31 pm
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:49 pm

The HIX next to Stockport station seems to be a weird one. Quite often sold out, or higher than average prices even though its not really that near anything of interest. No direct airport train either.
No but the 199 Skyline bus takes barely 20 minutes from the main road outside.Only 4 stops

Agree it is often cheaper and nearly as quick to stay at The Kimpton and cross the road to Oxford Road Station.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 3:29 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
I've had 4 stays as well and noticed that the snacks were missing on my last visit ( Im a Diamond Amb) Contacted reception and they sent some crisps and some soft drinks .

it's a bit of a walk from T1 to be honest but good for T2 .

The Turkish restaurant was great when they started but has gone a bit downhill now .

Had another stay last week .. Was upgraded to the room with the nespresso machine and was told that there is something for me in the mini bar

One mini bottle of wine and two packs of crisps outside / kit kat / Pepsi/ 7 up /canned water ( 2 cans of each) and 2 more mini wine bottles inside .

my biggest haul so far :-)
Old Apr 18, 2024, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Had another stay last week .. Was upgraded to the room with the nespresso machine and was told that there is something for me in the mini bar

One mini bottle of wine and two packs of crisps outside / kit kat / Pepsi/ 7 up /canned water ( 2 cans of each) and 2 more mini wine bottles inside .

my biggest haul so far :-)
Pretty much what I had (upgraded 3 out of 4 times).
I've checked in around 3-4pm a couple of times, and housekeeping have knocked on the door shortly afterwards, so you're possibly able to restock if things aren't there?

Did have one can of water with no ring pull.

Easy enough to walk to the 24hr M&S in T2 arrivals if you want a cheap fizzy drink etc. to put in the fridge.
Or the Spar shop in T1 arrivals for cheaper stuff. Plenty of chilled alcohol there that is probably half the price of the hotel)

£183 or so yesterday (Real Madrid playing Man City), but I survived in my pre-booked £24.99 Travelodge in Altrincham (driving, so no hassle parking in the morning).
ukdoctor likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.