Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Milestone Awards - Any Discussion

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Ah, that actually creates an interesting dynamic. For instance someone hitting 40 HIX a year will get 2 Suite upgrade vouchers, Lounge Access and either the credit or points at 30 nights. That is quite generous. I thought the milestones only came into play if you're a Diamond, however reading again it appears you're correct.
Yes. For someone who puts in the nights at lower tier properties the milestone rewards pay off very well, and it doesn't require a specific status to get them.

I think the IHG program has managed to go from being virtually worthless (in my perception) to something that's underrated (judging by many disparaging comments on well-known points blogs).

My main program is Marriott Bonvoy, but I find (in the EU) that Bonvoy properties are generally a fair bit pricier than IHG options in terms of select service hotels, with fewer budget options, and with the insane cash rates I'm seeing now (Moxy Warsaw often pricing the same as Hotel Bristol Luxury Collection did in 2020-2021) even the lower tier places only make sense as a points redemption.

As I pay out of my own pocket, most of the nights will not be at the luxury end, but with this milestone scheme I'll be able to acquire some valuable benefits even if the bulk of my stays are in the cheapest hotels.
Old May 27, 2022, 3:34 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by yurtripper
As for CSUs, the biggie is whether they will eventually allow reward redemptions. They've been saying that this will happen sooner or later, and would also be a major bonus.
Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
If the CSUs are applicable to reward stays then that would make 2/3 of the biggest changes I wanted to see from IHG. The only one missing is a 4 for 3 or 5 for 4 points booking option. I know the bonus offers are meant to arrive as well, but I'd imagine they'll be specific to time periods and fairly late notice which means they're not as effective in a dynamic pricing environment.
Sorry. What is CSU?
Old May 27, 2022, 4:58 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Will confirm suite upgrade work with ambassador weekend night rate?
ernestnywang likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 6:21 pm

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
Originally Posted by pbd456
Will confirm suite upgrade work with ambassador weekend night rate?
No details yet but unlikely
Old May 28, 2022, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Sorry. What is CSU?
Complimentary Suite Upgrade (although some might refer to it as confirmed suite upgrade also).

It's a term regularly used by people in the Hyatt program, although a CSU in the new IHG scheme is not quite the same thing - it doesn't become confirmable until 14 days prior to the stay (and for now that will involve making a phone call rather than being able to do it online).

In any case, it should hopefully be far more useful than Marriott's SNAs (Suite Night Awards), which commonly involve properties either excluding their use entirely, or excluding useful suites from the SNA upgrade pool - and if you get past those barriers you still need to resort to voodoo incantations to help it clear
ernestnywang likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 9:53 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Before the Accorification of Fairmont (limited footprint, I know), you got upgrade certificates every year as your membership benefits (I think you got 2 as a Plat as well as a free night). You just had to email the FPC Platinum desk and ask them to upgrade an existing reservation, even some promo rates) and it was done.

Accor introduced SNUs but you have to pay the full rate which make them almost useless (there are deals to be had but you have to dig), whole thread about them in their forum.

Would be great to do it online/email but if a phone call gives you a guaranteed suite upgrade on most rates a few times a year (depending on your milestone award choices) that is a very useful benefit for me.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 2:19 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Before the Accorification of Fairmont (limited footprint, I know), you got upgrade certificates every year as your membership benefits (I think you got 2 as a Plat as well as a free night). You just had to email the FPC Platinum desk and ask them to upgrade an existing reservation, even some promo rates) and it was done.

Accor introduced SNUs but you have to pay the full rate which make them almost useless (there are deals to be had but you have to dig), whole thread about them in their forum.

Would be great to do it online/email but if a phone call gives you a guaranteed suite upgrade on most rates a few times a year (depending on your milestone award choices) that is a very useful benefit for me.
Agreed the way this is implemented is going to determine if this is going to be a worthwhile benefit. Personally, as great as doing it online would be, I don't mind having to call to get my booking upgraded.

What will determine whether this is a good benefit or not is what type of bookings this can be applied to. My hope is that it can be applied to the cheapest/reward stays. If they do that, then I will push more nights their way.
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:02 am

Anymore early feedback re. the success of applying the Suite Night milestone reward? This is clearly the best choice, if it works well. I’m looking at Marriott Bonvoy as an example where it doesn’t work well.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:43 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
A pleasent surprise to receive an automated email from IHG that i reached my first milestone at 20 nights.
- it displays status as "club" instead of diamond (or RA)

Old Jul 6, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I just received the same , I have to say I have no idea what to pick !
As RA that mainly stays in an IC booking junior suite or better the upgrade doesn’t sound appealing, I give friends rooms on points so I guess 30€ towards a bottle of wine ?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 3:26 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
I understand your dilemma

1) CSU

For RA: upgrades are easy automated done by hotel reservations

For the confirmable suite upgrade : to much hoops for me
- phone in
- specific rate needs to be booked
- some uncertainty

2) Points
I have finished my points balance before dyamic pricing was implemented but yet it seems to be the same as before due to the promos stacking up

3) F&B voucher
Well it is not much but at least as proper Brittons, we can get some starting G&T to get sloshed .
Although i see a snafu appearing on the selection screen noting F&B vouchers are not accepted yet at all hotel locations.....
Sigh....

Old Jul 7, 2022, 9:42 am

Stupid question I'd imagine and more a reflection of how much I've drifted out of understanding the game rules, but under the new scheme, do points based nights count toward the total number of nights milestones.

Got about 30 and should hit the 40 payable nights with some ease but have a large batch of points stays booked. Curious if those count?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Atacama40
Stupid question I'd imagine and more a reflection of how much I've drifted out of understanding the game rules, but under the new scheme, do points based nights count toward the total number of nights milestones.

Got about 30 and should hit the 40 payable nights with some ease but have a large batch of points stays booked. Curious if those count?
Award nights count for milestone rewards too
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 1:04 pm

Your kidding! That's great news .... I got 26 nights on points booked for later year on top of my 30 odd paid stops so that's nice to know.

Thanks for letting me know that. I do have long standing RA but each year I wander if it will be the last. Touch wood it keeps coming. Mind the amount I've bloody spent this year I'd hope it gets renewed again.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 3:27 am

yurtripper, just a follow up. I tried find T&C's and rule basics for the milestones and nights policy but struggled find anything. Would you have a link to text describing conditions and scheme T&C's? Many thanks in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.