Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Booking Question

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2022, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Ambassador Booking Question

Booking an Ambassador night for the first time. My confirmation for the two night booking shows price for two nights and does not include the discount for the second night. Is that normal? Also, the confirmation email I got did not mention that the Ambassador night certificate was uses. Is there a way to make sure that I took the appropriate steps to redeem to complimentary night? Thanks!
Old May 8, 2022, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Yes it's correct that the bookign dosen't show the discount. That is applied at the hotel

The confirmation email and the booking in your IHG account will show that you are planning to use the cert but it only gets used once you check into the hotel.
jediwho likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Yes it's correct that the bookign dosen't show the discount. That is applied at the hotel

The confirmation email and the booking in your IHG account will show that you are planning to use the cert but it only gets used once you check into the hotel.
Thanks! That's super helpful. Where on confirmation email or in my account is it stated? I have looked through both but no mention that I am using the cert.
Old May 8, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by jediwho
Thanks! That's super helpful. Where on confirmation email or in my account is it stated? I have looked through both but no mention that I am using the cert.
In the email, check what “rate type” is listed. It should read something like “Amb Certificate”.

Last edited by ARR72; May 8, 2022 at 8:46 pm
Old May 8, 2022, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ARR72
In the email, check what the “rate type” is listed as. It should read something like “Amb Certificate”.
Got it, thanks!!
ARR72 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.