Wiki Posts
Search

website issues (with Safari?)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
website issues (with Safari?)

It seems to me that after a few minutes playing with the IHG website (i.e. looking for fun places to stay using points or even just trying to make multiple reservations for a longer trip) the website crashes and locks. The message I get is An error has occurred. Please contact your nearest reservation office and a representative will be able to assist you. Is the app better? Is this because I'm using Safari (it also happens with Chrome but less)? Or is it just poor reservations IT? It doesn't happen with Hyatt, Hilton or Marriott; not that their websites are perfect but at least I can book when I want to. Aaarrrgh!

To be clear, this has been going on for days if not weeks.

Last edited by eefor jfp; Apr 6, 2022 at 12:40 pm Reason: added timeframe (last sentence)
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
It seems to me that after a few minutes playing with the IHG website (i.e. looking for fun places to stay using points or even just trying to make multiple reservations for a longer trip) the website crashes and locks. The message I get is An error has occurred. Please contact your nearest reservation office and a representative will be able to assist you. Is the app better? Is this because I'm using Safari (it also happens with Chrome but less)? Or is it just poor reservations IT? It doesn't happen with Hyatt, Hilton or Marriott; not that their websites are perfect but at least I can book when I want to. Aaarrrgh!
I seem to he having the same issue via Google Chrome, but also via the Mobile App too. Hopefully it'll be back up and running soon - I've also reservations to make!
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
I am also having issues trying to logon with Chrome as well -
"Sorry, please try again. If the problem persists, please contact Customer Care for assistance."
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I think the site is down. I tried with both Chrome and Firefox and can't even log in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.