Targeted: 50k Rewards Club Points for 20 nights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Targeted: 50k Rewards Club Points for 20 nights

I've just had an email with this:

[Moderators Note:
Moved to its own thread from [url]https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/2065906-ihg-program-update-march-2022-a.html

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum]

Last edited by FLYGVA; Mar 26, 2022 at 10:08 am
Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Just received the offer too..
It said it was just for me...
Earn upto 50K points
Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
However the terms say that any bookings made prior to registering do not count. ( I think, as I can't pull them back up)
Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:49 am
Original Poster

The register button just takes me to the app and no mention of it there.

"No retroactive credit will be given for nights prior to registration".
Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
However the terms say that any bookings made prior to registering do not count. ( I think, as I can't pull them back up)
I read the Terms as saying nights stayed prior to registration wont count. Nothing about stays for the offer period that were booked prior to registration.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SearsTower
I read the Terms as saying nights stayed prior to registration wont count. Nothing about stays for the offer period that were booked prior to registration.
I've only the two nights booked so far, but it does seem to imply that as long as your stay starts during the period of 1st Apr to xxx, that's fine (if you check in on the 31st March for a stay until the 3rd April, then your stay began outside of the bonus period?).

Also got a reward night, but that doesn't count as you have to meet a qualifying rate with a minimum spend of $30 or whatever local rate.

Not elite qualifying either. Would have been nice, but too much to ask.

Last edited by xenole; Mar 23, 2022 at 9:10 am
Old Mar 23, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by xenole

I am taking it this is a max of 50k points and not 91k points if you do do the 20 nights?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: PC Plat IC RA / SPG GOLD
Originally Posted by xenole
This is probably a targeted offer.
I did not receive an email, and I cannot register for the promotion.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Dingpong
This is probably a targeted offer.
That would appear to be the case, the email I received has the subject "Invitation only: pre-register to earn up to 50,000 points"

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
I am taking it this is a max of 50k points and not 91k points if you do do the 20 nights?
Correct, the maximum is a total of 50,000 points if you complete 20 qualifying nights. T&C language: "... 4,000 bonus points will be awarded ... upon completing a total of two qualifying nights; 3,000 additional bonus points will be awarded upon completing a total of four qualifying nights; another 3,000 additional bonus points will be awarded upon completing a total of six qualifying nights; 10,000 additional bonus points will be awarded upon completing a total of ten qualifying nights; and 30,000 additional bonus points will be awarded upon completing a total of twenty qualifying nights ..."

I already have two stays planned and booked in April so can make 20,000 ... the last tier seems to be out of reach for me for the time being (however still considering remote work from a bit warmer location ...)
Old Mar 23, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
Have people that got this promo not used IHG much this year?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:36 pm

Deleted - Overlooked a previous reply.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by antuk
My "data point" :
  • Used IHG a lot years ago, back to once or twice a year (ICs only) since mid-2010's
  • This year, one stay in Feb, one early April and a third one in October (ICs as well)
  • Plat AMB
For what it's worth,

Fred
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:45 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I purchased Ambassador last September (so still in my first year as plat amb) and have 9 IC nights and 9 HI nights (plus 4 more HI and 4 more IC nights in the next month) and received the offer. Don't know if that qualifies as 'not much'.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by schlegfr
My "data point" :
  • Used IHG a lot years ago, back to once or twice a year (ICs only) since mid-2010's
  • This year, one stay in Feb, one early April and a third one in October (ICs as well)
  • Plat AMB
For what it's worth,

Fred
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
I purchased Ambassador last September (so still in my first year as plat amb) and have 9 IC nights and 9 HI nights (plus 4 more HI and 4 more IC nights in the next month) and received the offer. Don't know if that qualifies as 'not much'.
After reading Admiral Ackbar's post, I realized mine was incomplete : most of my past IC stays were 1 or 2 nights long. Only exception is the upcoming one in October, with 6 nights.

Fred
Old Mar 23, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Already made Spire in 2022..so yes I have had a few stays in 2022.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.