Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bali Sanur Resort [pre-opening thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2022, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
InterContinental Bali Sanur Resort [pre-opening thread]

Former Fairmont (and Regent) will reopen as InterContinental Bali Sanur Resort on 1st February.

Atacama40 and DonPedro like this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Not sure when those pictures were taken, but last time I saw this hotel (when it was a Fairmont) it looked much more run down, okay, let's be kind and rather say more tired than that.

I mean standard rooms are Jr. Suites of around 90sqm IIRC and if it really is all Club as IC it could make for an interesting value proposition at current price levels versus a newly renovated entry level Deluxe room at the IC Bali in Jimbaran at similar cost, but beware that the IC Sanur may not be in stellar shape unless a recent reno happened.

The HR nearby is solid (from own stay experience in Regency Suite, though the Club lacks a bit refinement) and the new Andaz next door looks pretty good as well so there are quality choices nearby. YMMV.

Last edited by demue; Feb 1, 2022 at 8:46 pm
Old Jan 29, 2022, 4:03 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Walked past the hotel this morning, and the new InterContinental signs are up. Definitely found it interesting that the IC is making a "comeback" in Sanur, given how the old Grand Bali Beach was at one point an IC. The Sanur Holiday Inn is also conveniently located right next to this one.

Personally, I find the Tandjung Sari down the road to be the best place to stay in Sanur. It's a small family-owned hotel that's still run by the same family since the 60s.
demue, Atacama40 and Irishash like this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 7:44 am

Has anyone stayed at this new Intercontinental Sanur?

I realise it's unlikely given the quarantine requirement at the moment / only just being removed, but interested in any experiences. Couldn't find any early reviews on the forum yet.

I'm looking to book something for a few days in April.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
It is a new IC, but not a new hotel. For the time being, until new reviews come in, I'd suggest you read older reviews under the Accor forum for Fairmont Bali Sanur which is what it was previously.

At least that will give you an idea about rooms (suites) and all that. Service may depend.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 5:45 pm

I used to stay at this property quite a lot, back when it was a Regent, and later as a Fairmont. The property was quite spectacular back when it was a Regent and was gleaming new. The (entry-level) rooms were very spacious and inviting, and every guest had club benefits that included laundry, evening cocktails, etc (a bit similar to the offerings at what was the Chedi Club in Ubud). Literally every aspect of the hotel felt luxurious, from the full-sized L'Occitaine amenities and glass water bottles to the food. They even had a Rolls-Royce that you could use (for a fee), which was a bit over the top.

The standard slipped gradually, but significantly after it became a Fairmont. Some parts of the hotel became less maintained, unattended wear and tear in the rooms, food quality declined, and there were times when the service was just... not nice.

Having said that, the hotel is very beautifully designed and offers perhaps amongst the largest (entry-level) rooms in Sanur. I just hope they did a massive overhaul of the property's gardens and rooms since it was left quite unmaintained for a while since the pandemic started.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I looked at the pricing and its amazing. Unfortunately the flights and Indonesian govt quarantine requirements is deterring me from booking. I thought we could fly from SIN to DPS for 3 nights.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I looked at the pricing and its amazing. Unfortunately the flights and Indonesian govt quarantine requirements is deterring me from booking. I thought we could fly from SIN to DPS for 3 nights.
The Balinese provincial government is negotiating with the central government to remove all quarantine requirements, hopefully as early as March. But as of right now, quarantine-free travel is planned for April. The quarantine requirement has been dropped to 2 days for travellers who has received a booster shot.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope
Having said that, the hotel is very beautifully designed and offers perhaps amongst the largest (entry-level) rooms in Sanur. I just hope they did a massive overhaul of the property's gardens and rooms since it was left quite unmaintained for a while since the pandemic started.
From what I have heard, no major renovation or anything like that happened. Maybe a fresh coat of paint in some places and few new pillows, but nothing beyond a soft touch up if anything.

Happy to be proven wrong of course. It is true that what goes as entry level room is a 90sqmish Jr. Suite with Club which is sizeable, at a rate that is similar to the IC Jimbaran's entry level Jimbaran Deluxe (former Classic) that is recently renovated though, but comes without any benefits. YMMV.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:30 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

As the hotel is now open, the thread was split. You find the thread about the hotel after opening here

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.