Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo Dominican Republic (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2021, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo Dominican Republic (Master Thread)

I couldn't find an existing thread on this hotel. Has anyone stayed here recently? I have an upcoming stay booked in September and opted for a club level room (2 rooms actually, as there are 4 of us) as it wasn't much more. However, not sure if the club is even open (due to COVID) or if it is, how good their breakfast and evening cocktail hour offerings are. Any recent experiences are appreciated....thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2021, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by mangoMan
I couldn't find an existing thread on this hotel. Has anyone stayed here recently? I have an upcoming stay booked in September and opted for a club level room (2 rooms actually, as there are 4 of us) as it wasn't much more. However, not sure if the club is even open (due to COVID) or if it is, how good their breakfast and evening cocktail hour offerings are. Any recent experiences are appreciated....thanks!
We stayed there on 24th June, and club was closed. They were serving meals in the lobby bar area, as restaurants were closed.

We returned to Santo Domingo a week later, and decided to switch to the Intercontintal. This is a better hotel situated in the main business area as opposed to the beach front. IC had a good restaurant, and was fairly busy.

Hard to say what will be open or closed in September though.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aliksander
We stayed there on 24th June, and club was closed. They were serving meals in the lobby bar area, as restaurants were closed.

We returned to Santo Domingo a week later, and decided to switch to the Intercontintal. This is a better hotel situated in the main business area as opposed to the beach front. IC had a good restaurant, and was fairly busy.

Hard to say what will be open or closed in September though.
Thanks for the feedback. We considered the IC, but we want to stay at the CP since it is walking distance to the colonial section of town, which we'd like to visit. We are only staying 2 nights in Santo Domingo at the end of our trip to the DR before flying out of SDQ.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 2:39 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by mangoMan
Thanks for the feedback. We considered the IC, but we want to stay at the CP since it is walking distance to the colonial section of town, which we'd like to visit. We are only staying 2 nights in Santo Domingo at the end of our trip to the DR before flying out of SDQ.
I stayed here last November and found it underwhelming. Views were nice but the room felt a bit tired. Staff was apathetic. The area outside the hotel feels a bit sketchy so you will be taking Uber to get to the colonial area, which is also sketchy with little to see or do there.
As a tourist destination dotted with luxury hotels, Punta Cana is more appealing.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HalconBCN
As a tourist destination dotted with luxury hotels, Punta Cana is more appealing.
Yeah, we are spending the bulk of our trip in Punta Cana and Las Terrenas. The Santo Domingo part is to check out the colonial district (which I've read good things about) and to position for our early morning flight out of SDQ.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 7:25 pm

It appears that this hotel used to be a Hilton, which is where I stayed when I visited Santo Domingo for a few days in 2015. If so, I found the hotel to be fine for a short stay and had no problems walking around the area during the day (I wasn’t out at night, so I can’t speak to that). I enjoyed my time in the city, especially the colonial area, and hope to return one day to see more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.