Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel X Brisbane Australia - Vignette Collection Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2021, 4:18 pm
jxd

The hotel lobby. It's nice enough but feels a bit sterile and empty.

The room is really quite small. There wasn't a proper working desk for working.

More of the room.

The bathroom, is also small. Shower pressure was average.

Karl Lagerfield toiletries were provided. Haven't heard of this brand before. Smells really perfume-y. Not a fan. Made in China under license.

The view from the room.. beautiful...

There isn't anything particularly wrong with the hotel, other than the lack of IHG recognition.

The room was... OK, it is small for Australia's standard. No proper working desk. It's mostly style over function.

The service was... OK, polite enough but that's about it. The staff hardly ever interact with you.

The location was... OK, the valley isn't the best place to be in unless you like to party. Then again the calile is in a better location.

The general trend of this hotel is that it's just "OK". It's no way a 5 star or a luxury hotel as IHG claims. I feel like this property would be a better fit for a Voco or something less upscale like CP.

Last edited by jxd; Dec 27, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Old Dec 27, 2021, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jxd
What's worse is the lack of IHG recognition and service. No bottles of water in the room, no upgrades, no late check out. I tried asking for a later check out and they wouldn't budge past the 11am check out time. Service was also almost non existent. During check in there was no mention about the hotel facilities, local area, etc. It was just "chop chop go". Most of the staff just ignore you unless they're stuck in an enclosed place with you (I.e. the elevator). I've stayed at Holiday Inns that provided better services than this so-called 5 star hotel. It feels like this property just wants to ride on the IHG market but not providing any "rewards" to IHG members. Interestingly, there was no sign that this hotel was part of IHG (and/or Vignette Collection) throughout the hotel.
👎👎

Let’s hope the non recognition of Elite status is just because of the recent transition into Vignette Collection (but isn’t the case at Marriott’s Autograph Collection Hotels).

Otherwise, what would be the interest for IHG Rewards members to book such properties?!?
Old Dec 27, 2021, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jxd

Karl Lagerfield toiletries were provided. Haven't heard of this brand before. Smells really perfume-y. Not a fan. Made in China under license.
Karl Lagerfeld was the former head designer at Chanel and Fendi.

He also created a brand under his name, which was by far less prestigious and successful than Chanel.

Karl Lagerfeld was part of the Tommy Hilfiger Group until PVH acquired it in 2010, at which time it was spun off to the group’s former shareholders. Other investors in Karl Lagerfeld include Apax Funds, the Chou Group, Mr. Tommy Hilfiger and Fred Gehring, the chief executive officer of Tommy Hilfiger.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 5:52 pm
jxd

Originally Posted by nicolas75
👎👎

Let’s hope the non recognition of Elite status is just because of the recent transition into Vignette Collection (but isn’t the case at Marriott’s Autograph Collection Hotels).

Otherwise, what would be the interest for IHG Rewards members to book such properties?!?
Multiple reviews on Google and TripAdvisor mentioned the lack of IHG recognition as well, so mine isn't a one off. Plus it seems they're deliberately trying to hide the fact that they're part of IHG (or Vignette collection) for that matter. I've not yet seen a sign in hotel saying that they're part of IHG or Vignette collection. I wouldn't be surprised if this property leaves IHG soon. Room rates are about US$200 a night or 38k points (which is a pretty good use of points).

Edit: found a tiny Vignette collection sign by the entrance
nicolas75 likes this.

Last edited by jxd; Dec 27, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Old Dec 31, 2021, 4:50 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Edited the title to reflect that it is a Vignette Collection. Also added the Vignette Collection to the IHG Master Thread List.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old May 12, 2023, 12:21 pm

Hi, has anyone stayed here recently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.