Search

Questions on Ambassador eBOGO voucher display in IHG web site

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2020, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Question Questions on Ambassador eBOGO voucher display in IHG web site

Hi Everyone.

The Context
I have been a platinum Ambassador for years. My pre-COVID renewal anniversary date used to be August 31st. I renewed my status in August 2019 and got my eBOGO voucher visible in my on-line account. At that time, its expiration date was logically Sep. 1st, 2020.

With COVID though, the exp. date moved first to Dec 31st, 2020, then to March 1st, 2021.

Last Summer, when the situation improved in France, I used my voucher with the IC Bordeaux Le Grand Hôtel. Despite this stay, the eVoucher is still marked as available on the IHG web site, whilst the 2019 one is maked as expired (even though I used it before the deadline) :

My Questions
Is this the normal web behaviour (i.e. misleading display) or could this be a glitch in the system, meaning that I can still redeem (again) the voucher until Mach 1?

Is anybody facing a similar situation ?

Thank you.

Fred
Old Nov 14, 2020, 12:45 pm

Hi,

when I redeemed the online-certificate, it was still there for about a month or so after my stay. Later then it was finally gone. I don’t think that you can redeem one voucher two times.

regards,

Wolfram
schlegfr likes this.

Last edited by Wolfram Heerlen; Jan 20, 2021 at 11:22 am
Old Jan 19, 2021, 7:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold; ex JAL JGCP
agreed.
Happened to me before and don't worry, you can't use it again.
schlegfr and Wolfram Heerlen like this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 3:58 am

Programs: BA, AA, JL, IB, LH, SK, A3, AF, UA, WN
I have the same...
Remember that my last voucher was flagged as Expired a week or so after the stay, but the current one still offers option to book although I've used it at an IC in Europe last summer
I was hoping they made a mistake as they credited me for two nights, but not going to tempt it.
Rates of the eBOGO are not really interesting anyway especially with the current 2+1 offer.
schlegfr likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.