Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2021, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HadesNL
As of October 23rd, 2021, account activity [nights, credits] and IHG Rewards points can be earned and redeemed at the following Six Senses properties:
  • Six Senses Yao Noi, Thailand
  • Six Senses Laamu, Maldives
  • Six Senses Botanique, Brazil
  • Six Senses Ninh Van Bay, Vietnam
  • Six Senses Uluwatu, Bali, Indonesia : https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...enses-ihg.html
  • Six Senses Fiji, Fiji
  • Six Senses Zil Pasyon, Seychelles
  • Six Senses Kaplankaya, Turkey
  • Six Senses Ibiza, Spain
According to IHG, "further Six Senses properties will be welcomed to IHG Rewards over time."

IHG Rewards members receive the following benefits at participating Six Senses properties:

IHG Rewards members will receive a welcome amenity of an in-room wellness platter. If the hotel’s best flexible rate includes breakfast, then breakfast will also included on reward night stays for all IHG Rewards members.InterContinental Ambassador, Royal Ambassador and Kimpton Inner Circle members will receive extra benefits, including:
  • Complimentary breakfast for two each day in the main restaurant
  • A signature amenity of either a complimentary 50-minute Six Senses Spa massage for two or local experience once per stay
    • The Signature Amenity varies by resort, is subject to availability and will be confirmed upon arrival
  • Complimentary one category room upgrade (subject to availability, excluding residences and two-bedroom or greater suites/villas)
  • Extended check-out of 4 p.m. (subject to availability for InterContinental Ambassador members)
  • Early check-in of 10 a.m. (subject to availability for InterContinental Ambassador members)
    • In circumstances where the room is not available at 10 a.m., the hotel may check you into another available room until the room you booked becomes available
IHG has confirmed that all of the above benefits are available regardless of whether you book a paid stay through eligible methods or redeem IHG Rewards points.
Print Wikipost

Six Senses and IHG

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2021, 5:30 pm

Since all cash rates at Ninh Van Bay include free breakfast, do you know whether or not we will get free breakfast if we book with points? Thanks.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by asdfghjk
Since all cash rates at Ninh Van Bay include free breakfast, do you know whether or not we will get free breakfast if we book with points? Thanks.
Bumping this back up, since I'm also interested in the answer. Also, does anyone have any idea of evening food prices at Ninh Van Bay?
Old Oct 23, 2021, 11:38 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Created a wiki at the top of the thread clearly sharing the current roster of Six Senses properties participating in IHG Rewards so far; we're still at nine only, with more yet to be properly integrated. Interestingly, the latest openings in Shaharut, Israel in August and Fort Barwara, India in October were not integrated despite IHG's ownership of the Six Senses brand, and they're still dragging their feet on bringing the other properties on board the better part of three years post-acquisition.

Mods, can you rename this thread to something like "Six Senses + IHG" or something more properly formatted?

khabah
Old Oct 23, 2021, 11:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Updated the wiki at the top of the page to include information on what IHG Rewards members can expect on-property at participating Six Senses properties.

khabah
FLYGVA and riddler67 like this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 8:15 am

Just a bump to confirm that

Free breakfast is available on points stay at Six Senses Laamu
The welcome amenity is a fruit platter
The signature amenity is a free spa session for 2 guests from a limited selection out of the overall spa menu

Entry-level room is the lagoon over water bungalow, upgrades are space dependant (Spire member)

100k per night for an 8 night stay, cash rates around £900 per night so decent value
demue likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 4:29 am

Is there any fee evening drinks for Spire or Ambassadors?
Old Feb 5, 2022, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Did the redemptions disappear for some reason? I can't find Six senses hotels on IHG.com anymore.

(Edit - never mind, it seemed to have been a temporary glitch of some sort)

Last edited by Martellus; Feb 5, 2022 at 7:34 pm
Old Feb 6, 2022, 5:31 am

Programs: IHG Spire AMB
I'm just wondering.. anyone have any idea whether the AMB benefits mentioned in the wiki are still valid? In Dec 2020, Loyalty Lobby provided an excerpt from Ambassador T&Cs where all the above mentioned benefits were listed under Section 42; however current AMB T&Cs seem to abandon this completely - see current Section 43,44 mentioning benefits with no specification of what these are. Would be happy to get this confirmed, any info appreciated!

Last edited by Her0inaction; Feb 6, 2022 at 5:32 am Reason: typo
Old Feb 6, 2022, 1:30 pm

Has anyone had issues earning 10x on their IHG credit card for Six Senses purchases? I spent $4000 at Six Senses Laamu but on my credit card statement, it only shows as earning 1x.

To caveat, I booked 4 nights on points in my name, 3 nights in my wife's name. My wife received all of the points for the actual stay, but I should still receive 10x points for putting my purchases on the credit card, no?

In the T&C's I do notice Six Senses not listed, but it doesn't specifically state that it is NOT included:
10 points: You'll earn 10 points for each $1 spent on purchases made at InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) properties, including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Alliance® Resorts, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Resort®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN Hotels, avid hotels, Kimpton® Hotels and HUALUXE

Last edited by aduma; Feb 6, 2022 at 1:37 pm
Old Feb 6, 2022, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by aduma
Has anyone had issues earning 10x on their IHG credit card for Six Senses purchases? I spent $4000 at Six Senses Laamu but on my credit card statement, it only shows as earning 1x.

To caveat, I booked 4 nights on points in my name, 3 nights in my wife's name. My wife received all of the points for the actual stay, but I should still receive 10x points for putting my purchases on the credit card, no?

In the T&C's I do notice Six Senses not listed, but it doesn't specifically state that it is NOT included:
10 points: You'll earn 10 points for each $1 spent on purchases made at InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) properties, including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Alliance® Resorts, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Resort®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN Hotels, avid hotels, Kimpton® Hotels and HUALUXE
This is a Chase question imo
Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:52 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by aduma

I received 10x at Six Senses Kaplankaya on my Chase card
Old Apr 6, 2022, 1:12 pm

How good is IHG/Six Sense about reposting award nights? I currently have 2 reservations for 2 nights and another 2 nights back to back already booked for the Fiji Malolo Island resort this November. When I booked those at the time, I didn't have the IHG premier credit card. Since I have the card now though and I have the 4th night free benefit, I want to know if it's possible to cancel these and try to rebook 4 nights in a row, so I can get the 4th night free benefit. They usually only put up 1 room for award nights at that property. Would love to hear everyones input on this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Raffles
Istanbul is bookable on points. None of the resort ones, however.
IHG® Rewards is not applicable at this Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas hotel at this time
Old May 17, 2022, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Hello - does anyone know how many reward nights Six Senses releases per night? Specifically, Six Senses Laamu (maldives)? Is it just one or does anyone know for a fact whether it's more than 1.

Thnaks!
Old May 18, 2022, 1:05 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rvlcr
Hello - does anyone know how many reward nights Six Senses releases per night? Specifically, Six Senses Laamu (maldives)? Is it just one or does anyone know for a fact whether it's more than 1.

Thnaks!
Not sure how many but at least 2 as I've booked that at Six Senses Laamu for February 23
rvlcr likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.