Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intercontinental Times Square vs. Kimpton Ink48

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Intercontinental Times Square vs. Kimpton Ink48

Wife and I are headed to NYC for a quick weekend...Thursday night December 5th - Sunday afternoon December 8th.
Trying to decide on the Kimpton Ink48 vs. Intercontinental Times Square...we are getting in late Thursday night. Friday we are doing all the tourist things (9/11 memorial, museums, etc.) followed by dinner and seeing Come from away at the Gerald Schoenfeld theatre. Saturday, more of the same during the day, Saturday night doing dinner (TBD) and the comedy cellar, and then flying out of EWR at 10:50am.

Seems like IC is better location, but we kind of like the Kimpton vibe a little better...wine hour, a little hipper decor, etc. Curious if as a spire we get any perks at either place I'm not aware of?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 4:17 pm

The Ink48 is my favorite kimpton property in NYC. They are usually pretty generous with upgrades! Better chance at getting a meaningful upgrade there than the IC.
bsdstone and FlyinHawaiian like this.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Ink48 is on 11th Ave which means a long walk to the subway stations. IC is much better if you are doing tourist things since it is located right on top of the north (44th st) exit of the 42nd street port authority subway station. 9/11 Memorial and Natural History Museum are both quick train ride away, no transfer required.
bsdstone likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'll echo the above. The Ink 48 is a really nice hotel with very pleasant rooms and good service. But the location is not ideal. The IC Times Square is a huge warehouse catering to tourists based on their name. Rooms aren't great and service is spotty. But it's a way better location for touring. Decide what matters more to you. Me, I'd be at the Ink 48.
bsdstone likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I have not stayed at the Ink, but I did stay at the IC around New Years. Great location. A subway entrance is literally outside of the building. I was Ambassador at the time, and received a pretty decent corner view upgrade. The room was fairly small, but I expect that in NYC. Even though the attached bar was a little pricey, the old fashioned I had there was excellent.
bsdstone likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'll echo the above. The Ink 48 is a really nice hotel with very pleasant rooms and good service. But the location is not ideal. The IC Times Square is a huge warehouse catering to tourists based on their name. Rooms aren't great and service is spotty. But it's a way better location for touring. Decide what matters more to you. Me, I'd be at the Ink 48.
We decided on the Ink48...times square just makes me crazy...I'll deal with the extra walking and extra uber fares to be in a hotel where we like the vibe more.

Thanks to everyone for their great advice!

Will report back after our trip!
Graf von B likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.