Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points and Cash stays with respect to Accelerate promotions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Points and Cash stays with respect to Accelerate promotions

I need to complete a P&C stay to receive 4.5k bonus points under the latest Accelerate promotion. I want to confirm that this is how this works. I found a HIE that usually charges 20k. The P&C rate is 10k + $60. My plan is to book the hotel using the P&C rate.

My understanding is that booking the hotel is enough for the Accelerate bonus to post. Is this correct?

Once it posted I intend to cancel the reservation. Once I do, are 20k posted back into my account?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
yes. you can cancel once the target is triggerd.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Does anyone know of a better deal then $60 for 10,000 points on a points and cash booking? Maybe $50 for 10,000 or $25 for 5000 points.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 6:45 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
A few weeks ago I saw a P&C rate that asked $28 to save 5,000 points. At 0.56cpp that's the best points-buy I've seen for P&C. Curiously the rates at the hotels I was shopping have gotten markedly worse in the past few weeks. Now I'm often seeing rates that charge north of 1.0cpp.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 11:01 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I did this and received the accelerate bonus immediately upon booking and paying, then I instantly cancelled (and rebooked at the hotel I actually wanted to stay). I paid $33 for 5000 points while the hotel I actually wanted to stay at was charging $60.

It just happened that these hotels were very close to each other, which helped reduce the search time, but any hotel should work and there is no need to actually book again.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by :D!
I did this and received the accelerate bonus immediately upon booking and paying, then I instantly cancelled (and rebooked at the hotel I actually wanted to stay). I paid $33 for 5000 points while the hotel I actually wanted to stay at was charging $60.

It just happened that these hotels were very close to each other, which helped reduce the search time, but any hotel should work and there is no need to actually book again.
Be wary with this, I did it last time but by mistake. The dashboard showed triggered but the total, i.e. Completed Offers XX of XX dropped back down. It took a little bit of cajoling to get IHG to add the achievement bonus for completing all offers.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 4:16 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by strickers
Be wary with this, I did it last time but by mistake. The dashboard showed triggered but the total, i.e. Completed Offers XX of XX dropped back down. It took a little bit of cajoling to get IHG to add the achievement bonus for completing all offers.
Interesting. I don't have a bonus for completing all offers this time, and last time I had a bonus for completing 6 of 7 so it didn't matter (it didn't credit immediately last time, and I wasn't expecting it to credit at all but it did after about 2 weeks).
Old Sep 12, 2019, 4:32 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
That was the way it worked for me in May, but my Sept C+P res in two weeks, (the IC KL,) isn't working that way. Only shows the 5k points purchase.. Wsh it would trigger as my goals this time are easy, but I'd love to instead book the HIX KL for $37. Oh well.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

I am the OP. I did end up booking a P&C stay. The Accelerate bonus posted right away or very soon after making the reservation and buying the points. I had intended to actual use the stay but did end up canceling the reservation. The Accelerate bonus has been left untouched.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:44 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
This may be a stupid question but are Bonus Points Package and Points and Cash which you mention here one and the same thing. I cannot find any rates for Bonus Point reservations. This may be so basic but I just wish to be sure

One of my Tasks is "Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 3 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster."
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
This may be a stupid question but are Bonus Points Package and Points and Cash which you mention here one and the same thing. I cannot find any rates for Bonus Point reservations. This may be so basic but I just wish to be sure

One of my Tasks is "Earn 6,600 bonus points when you book 3 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster."
No. They aren't the same.

Bonus Point Packages are where you book a flexible rate and click the button to add points for extra $$$.
Points Scrounger likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:52 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
No. They aren't the same.

Bonus Point Packages are where you book a flexible rate and click the button to add points for extra $$$.
Thank you!
Old Oct 22, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: US, HH
O
Originally Posted by michaelr
I am the OP. I did end up booking a P&C stay. The Accelerate bonus posted right away or very soon after making the reservation and buying the points. I had intended to actual use the stay but did end up canceling the reservation. The Accelerate bonus has been left untouched.
My cash & points reservation did not trigger the dashboard to update nor points to post. I completed the stay as planned, and it still hasn’t updated the dashboard. I sent a missing points inquiry to IHG with the expected “wait” reply. I’ll give it a couple more weeks and follow up again.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GrjApp
O

My cash & points reservation did not trigger the dashboard to update nor points to post. I completed the stay as planned, and it still hasn’t updated the dashboard. I sent a missing points inquiry to IHG with the expected “wait” reply. I’ll give it a couple more weeks and follow up again.
Did you book it before the latest version of Accelerate started?

The target doesn't require the actual stay to be triggered but DOES need to be booked during the promo period.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: US, HH
Did you book it before the latest version of Accelerate started?

The target doesn't require the actual stay to be triggered but DOES need to be booked during the promo period.
Booked after it started, yes. Actually cancelled the original all award reservation and replaced with the c&p.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.