Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kimpton Naranta Bali - Nusa Dua (Never Opening)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2021, 4:53 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I guess they are testing out the market and will see how bookings look like into 2022 as I can't quite imagine them being able to demand that price point consistently outside of special periods.

I mean a Pool Villa at ~800-900 USD before 21% tax and service charges is Four Seasons & a whole number of boutique resorts territory who also offer suites or villas.

45k points for now seems okay, but to be seen what dynamic pricing will do to this.

Location is akward for our personal purposes and other than a potentially decent points burning option I can't see myself coughing up anywhere near that cash with so many other competitively priced options in Bali.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Kimpton Naranta Bali pre-opening thread

GRAND OPENING FALL 2021.

reggiekush likes this.

Last edited by nicolas75; Oct 5, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Old Feb 1, 2022, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Kimpton Naranta Bali [master thread]

Hotel is now accepting reservations.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Feb 4, 2022 at 4:13 am Reason: pictures already posted in October
Old Feb 1, 2022, 8:41 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
The opening keeps getting pushed out, probably due to delay in opening up of Bali.

We were looking for a stay in Aug 2022 and the hotel was supposed to be open already, but now it shows rates starting 30 Sep onwards only. Rates for Dec 2022 seem very ambitious even if everything is a villa. Cash rates starting around 750 USD ++ (so over 900 USD all in) and points rates above 100k leave many other excellent alternatives (within IHG and outside of course) on the table where you can also get a villa. YMMV.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rooms are not available until Dec 01, 2023
Old Dec 24, 2022, 12:28 am

Yah, was talking to some management level folks at IC Bali (Jimbaran) and they were also scratching their head what's going on over there.

Last time I checked rates were again in the 700-1000++ USD range and keep in mind that there is 21% tax and service charge/ combo on top of that. Autsch (pain). Rates on points were 120k, good one. If it goes live like that that is almost Four Seasons Jimbaran pricing, so a tall order on my book and the location (to us at least is far from desirable). YMMV.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 1:55 am

Any news on opening date?
Old Oct 14, 2023, 11:30 pm

I reported on this in the Master Thread for new openings. It is showing no availability before 31 Dec 2024 (yes, twenty four) and honestly I have my doubts that this property will ever open under IHG/ Kimpton brand. Something odd going on there, not construction/ refurbishment delay related. YMMV.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 9:22 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
FLYGVA i believe this thread can be closed as we got confirmation that the Kimpton Naranta will never open
Exactly as demue predicted and reconfirmed by new IC Bali Jimbaran hotel staff that were redeployed by IHG from the Kimpton Naranta.

Alas goodbye AmanUsa villas
https://hotels-asia.com/aman-sees-no...n-in-nusa-dua/
and Kimpton Naranta

There is whole background story that is so complex, i forgot the whole thing ....but let's say conflict of interest, contracts, disagreement...... moneygrab ... will not be part of IHG but courts competitors ....
FLYGVA and nicolas75 like this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 1:41 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by HadesNL
FLYGVA i believe this thread can be closed as we got confirmation that the Kimpton Naranta will never open
Exactly as demue predicted and reconfirmed by new IC Bali Jimbaran hotel staff that were redeployed by IHG from the Kimpton Naranta.

Alas goodbye AmanUsa villas
https://hotels-asia.com/aman-sees-no...n-in-nusa-dua/
and Kimpton Naranta

There is whole background story that is so complex, i forgot the whole thing ....but let's say conflict of interest, contracts, disagreement...... moneygrab ... will not be part of IHG but courts competitors ....
That is a pity, it looked nice.

I have closed this thread and if by any chance the hotel will open and we moderator did not notice it ourselves, any member might notify us by using the red triangel and we will reopen it.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.