Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Staybridge Suites - London Heathrow airport (LHR) - shared buliding with Holiday Inn

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Staybridge Suites - London Heathrow airport (LHR) - shared buliding with Holiday Inn

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)

Was at London Heathrow airport last week and was travelling on one of the red local buses that was going down Bath road where all the hotels are and saw the brand new structure for these 2 new hotels. From the outside looks almost finished. Inside I have no clue how far along they are.

It's 1 building with the 2 brand hotels on either side.
The outside signs for these have been put up already, and I think they are opening in early 2019.

This is on the WEST side of Bath road...so not close to the old Holiday Inn Ariel or the Crowne Plaza.
The west side of Bath road has much less hotels, than the east side.
The only other hotel I saw fairly nearby was a Hyatt Place.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Official website page:

https://www.ihg.com/staybridge/hotel...r/hoteldetail?

Hotel is taking bookings starting from Thursday, 31 January 2019

Geographic street address is :
276a Bath Road West Drayton, UB7 0DB United Kingdom
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The Staybridge branding I can understand, but how many HIs are needed at LHR? I imagine the Ariel isn't going to be around too much longer...

IIRC the old HI (reflagged to Leonardo or something) is pretty close as well...
chrism20 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
The Staybridge branding I can understand, but how many HIs are needed at LHR? I imagine the Ariel isn't going to be around too much longer...

IIRC the old HI (reflagged to Leonardo or something) is pretty close as well...
With these two opening along with the new CP and HIX that have recently opening the number of IHG rooms in and around LHR must be around double what it was this time last year. Looking online at the stays I had last year at the CP the rates are significantly lower so something will have to give. I wouldn't be surprised if the older CP goes with the Ariel.

Re the Leonardo I also wouldn't be surprised if it is reflagged again to a Jurys or one of the Hilton brands.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrism20
With these two opening along with the new CP and HIX that have recently opening the number of IHG rooms in and around LHR must be around double what it was this time last year. Looking online at the stays I had last year at the CP the rates are significantly lower so something will have to give. I wouldn't be surprised if the older CP goes with the Ariel.

The "older" Crowne Plaza (Stockley Road) (terminals 1 to 3) is quite far away from all the other heathrow hotels, and (I think) can only be reached with the rip off hotel hoppa bus.
I don't think IHG customers would lose any sleep if it left IHG.

The Holiday Inn Ariel on the other hand has a decent location, and really good low rates year round, and I would be sad if it left the group.
Peter555 likes this.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Nov 24, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Staybridge Suites Heathrow opened at the very end of 2018.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Windows at this hotel can NOT be opened for fresh air.
Really strange considering there is both a microwave, and a full kitchen with pots, pans, plates and cutlery to cook in all the rooms.

Also, a large portion of the room windows face the closed inner courtyard which actually belongs to the next door holiday inn.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Sep 24, 2019 at 9:25 am
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Stayed here a few times recently and mostly enjoyed all my stays.
As this place just opened in January, everything still looks and feels new.

Breakfast is free for all rooms rates and is ok....not great, but acceptable. Extra food (also for cooking) and ready meals can be bought near reception. There is literally nothing in the immediate area around the hotel (no shops, no supermarkets, not even restaurants) so if you plan to buy more food for cooking you will most likely need to take a bus.

Laundry room on 1st floor has free to use washing and drying machines. You just need to pay for detergent. Either buy single liquid pods at reception, or get tablets/pods/detergent at a supermarket.

Bathrooms are very big and comfortable with walk-in showers.
All rooms have a sofa/couch in front of the bed.

Only real complaint I have is that the windows do not open, and the "dining" table in the room is one of those high style bar tables with tall bar stools. Really uncomfortable for eating, especially if you have children. The staybridge suites in london stratford has a normal height dining table with normal chairs which is much better for eating in your room.

If anyone has any other questions, I will do my best to answer.

Last edited by est-gratuite; May 21, 2022 at 7:15 pm
Old May 21, 2022, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Stayed here again recently.
All has remained as it was before the year 2020, except that at the moment breakfast is served at the nearby holiday inn (no extra surcharge). I don't know if this is a temporary, or permanent change.

As I mentioned above back in the year 2019, I still wish they had a "normal" style dining table in the rooms, not those high bar style tables.
I also still wish the windows would open in this hotel, considering people cook meals in the kitchens in all these rooms.
The smell of curry doesn't always go away easily.
TeflonMan likes this.

Last edited by est-gratuite; May 21, 2022 at 7:23 pm
Old Aug 31, 2022, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
How easy is it to get to this hotel from Terminal 3?

Our flight gets in around 8PM on Christmas day so I see no point going into the city that evening. I'm considering staying here for the 25th night before moving to the city for my remaining 12 nights.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 5:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
On Christmas Day there is virtually no public transport in London (or elsewhere in the UK). There will be some long distance coach services and a limited Oxford coach service, but that won't run late at night. So it's going to be a hefty Uber or mini-cab fare. Don't even think about the standing black cabs at Heathrow. So factor in that and the one hotel in walking distance, the HGI at T2. They do normally run the train shuttle beween T3 and T4, which in turn gives different IHG options, namely the Crowne Plaza and HIE at T4, along with the Hilton and Premier Inn. There is also the Sofitel and Thistle at T5.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
On Christmas Day there is virtually no public transport in London (or elsewhere in the UK). There will be some long distance coach services and a limited Oxford coach service, but that won't run late at night. So it's going to be a hefty Uber or mini-cab fare. Don't even think about the standing black cabs at Heathrow. So factor in that and the one hotel in walking distance, the HGI at T2. They do normally run the train shuttle beween T3 and T4, which in turn gives different IHG options, namely the Crowne Plaza and HIE at T4, along with the Hilton and Premier Inn. There is also the Sofitel and Thistle at T5.
That is my fear. A few years ago I had to take a very expensive Uber ride to the city as I landed on Christmas day then as well. I wanted to avoid that this time so was looking at an option near the airport.

I did consider the HGI but the room rate is £120 more than the Staybridge Suites so I guessing it will cost me nowhere near that for the Uber fare.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Keyser
That is my fear. A few years ago I had to take a very expensive Uber ride to the city as I landed on Christmas day then as well. I wanted to avoid that this time so was looking at an option near the airport.

I did consider the HGI but the room rate is £120 more than the Staybridge Suites so I guessing it will cost me nowhere near that for the Uber fare.
Yes, that's probably true. The normal cost is about £25 I think, so even if doubled you still ahead. However CP or HIE won't have this issue and they are both attached to T4. If hand baggage only you could just transit to T4 airside and leave T4 directly there to the hotel.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
How easy is it to get to this hotel from Terminal 3?

Our flight gets in around 8PM on Christmas day so I see no point going into the city that evening. I'm considering staying here for the 25th night before moving to the city for my remaining 12 nights.
Keep in mind public transport in London remains VERY limited on the 26th of December as well, so it's not just the 25th where you will need alternatives to moving around.
Markie likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:02 pm

Yes, I guess that's true but it's like a really bad Sunday service. So the tube from T2-T3 to London is supposed to be better than a 12 minute interval, on Boxing Day / St. Stephen's Day / 26 December it could easily be a 20 minute service frequency. Some smaller stations in the city centre (so without many local residents) may also be closed. Personally I think it's serviceable so long as you add a bit of time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.