Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IC Fiji, Bora Bora, or Tahiti - flying that far, which ones to choose?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Keep mulling this one and never came to a conclusion yet.

You are travelling as far as it's almost possible to fly (from the UK) and you have 5 IC's to choose from .... maybe I can take in 3, but which ones? Maybe will stay for 3, more likely 4 weeks total.

It's not a choice to get wrong so thought I'd ask the experts. What do you reckon? Whilst have covered a huge amount of IC's, I never stayed at any of these and don't know a great deal about the area except my wife had a pen-pal from Fiji in the 70's!!!

Also how might each of them treat RA's?

And what are the sensible flight options from LHR?

Appreciate any input as always from those with experiences.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold
Only place worth flying so far from the UK is Bora Bora, and even then the Maldives are nicer. I went to Bora Bora earlier this year as I was already in NZ, wouldn't bother going back
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:16 pm

I'll be honest, I struggle justifying a 3 hour flight to Fiji so I certainly wouldn't fly halfway around the world to get there. Can't speak to the other two options though as I haven't been.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:46 pm
formerly BackSlash3

Programs: AC P25, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond AMB
I’ve stayed at the IC in Fiji and Tahiti. I thought that the IC in Fiji was a spectacular resort, it’s certainly in my top 5 favourite ICs. I thought that the IC Tahiti was a very nice resort but didn’t particularly wow me. I enjoyed the swim up bar and the infinity pool overlooking the ocean but I don’t remember it especially standing out (this was 7 years ago, so take it with a grain of salt).

Take a look at your flight options because I ended up staying in Tahiti for a few days because I couldn’t make a same day connection from North America to Bora Bora work so you may have to at least overnight in Tahiti and the IC Tahiti was a pretty short cab ride from the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.