Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you get the 25,000 bonus points every year as a Spire member

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2020, 4:23 am

If you have hit the current years Spire points requirement then the bonus option should be showing within a few days.
I met Spire requirements last year around Nov, equalities as Spire again in Feb this year, got both sets of yearly bonuses.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 3:29 am

Location: The Blackwater Valley (Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey border area)
Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Diamond, etc etc
Originally Posted by asdfghjk
I was requalified due to my Ambassador membership in November. The bonus was available in February.
It would seem perverse that renewing Ambassador requalifies you for the 25K bonus for Spire... as this makes the Ambassador renewal via points even more attractive - effectively only nett 15k
Old Oct 17, 2020, 12:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I just checked my account and other than the previous promo points having posted, had the option of 25k points or gifting some status to someone with status.
First time I've had this since I first hit Spire. 57 nights at present (from 55 needed due to requirements being reduced), although sure I've hit 75 and/or had the required points without anything.

Took the 25k points as that's nearly 2 nights somewhere (couple of 15k hotels near me so worth £100+).

Do like the "have a night on us"promo in the UK? at present. Sometimes works out cheaper booking 3 nights rather than 2 and more points etc. to boot.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by xenole
I just checked my account and other than the previous promo points having posted, had the option of 25k points or gifting some status to someone with status.
First time I've had this since I first hit Spire. 57 nights at present (from 55 needed due to requirements being reduced), although sure I've hit 75 and/or had the required points without anything.
I didn't get 25K points, or any options. I thought it had been enhanced away with the discount on points stay.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Cyberhacker
It would seem perverse that renewing Ambassador requalifies you for the 25K bonus for Spire... as this makes the Ambassador renewal via points even more attractive - effectively only nett 15k
At least in my situation that seems to have been the case but then IHG's IT is a total mess.

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Oct 24, 2020 at 3:23 pm
Old Oct 24, 2020, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I didn't get 25K points, or any options. I thought it had been enhanced away with the discount on points stay.
What discount on points stays has been enhanced away?
Old Oct 24, 2020, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
What discount on points stays has been enhanced away?
There was a 10% points rebate on reward stays. Fitfully applied weeks and weeks after the event, maybe never.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There was a 10% points rebate on reward stays. Fitfully applied weeks and weeks after the event, maybe never.
Yes I love this feature. It's no longer available for purchase / renewal?
Old Oct 25, 2020, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes I love this feature. It's no longer available for purchase / renewal?
I chased up a handful of stays over a couple of calls. Both agents said the scheme is being discontinued.

Whether that means the rebate will run through the current year, or it will simply stop, I don't know.

Implementation the scheme was clearly beyond the scope IHG's IT system or the skill-set of its programmers, so maybe they'll switch to simpler ways of giving value to their frequent guests.

Maybe pigs will fly.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 4:18 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Maybe pigs will fly.
That one
Old Oct 25, 2020, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I chased up a handful of stays over a couple of calls. Both agents said the scheme is being discontinued.

Whether that means the rebate will run through the current year, or it will simply stop, I don't know.

Implementation the scheme was clearly beyond the scope IHG's IT system or the skill-set of its programmers, so maybe they'll switch to simpler ways of giving value to their frequent guests.

Maybe pigs will fly.
Just email them. Never had a problem getting the points within hours after sending the mail.

Dear all,

over a month ago I stayed several nights at different properties in Thailand using IHG points and still missing is the refund of the 10% Ambassador Redemption Benefit for my award nights:

Reservation xxxxxxx IC Pattaya: Total Refund 4,500
Reservation xxxxxxx HI Pattaya: Total Refund 3,500
Reservation xxxxxxx HI Bangkok: Total Refund 2,000

Grand Total 10,000

If you could please process the refund for these reservations that would be appreciated.

Regards,
Old Oct 25, 2020, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just email them. Never had a problem getting the points within hours after sending the mail.
You were fortunate -or maybe I was unlucky. i called in because the email option yielded nothing - and the second call was because the promise of the first one didn't materialise

But we are all going to have difficulty getting rebates if, indeed, the scheme is defunct.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 9:59 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I received the 10% about a week ago for a stay in August. That was after spending 20+ minutes on the phone explaining what I was talking about. System was down for emailing. Surprised to see the correct wording, Ambassador 10%, on the entry in my account instead of some generic description I.e. customer service credit.
Maybe after renewing it will cease, my expiration is Nov 1. Still on the fence, like every year, about renewing. I rarely use the weekend night certs.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Steph58
Still on the fence, like every year, about renewing. I rarely use the weekend night certs.
Sad, isn't it? In their heyday those certificates were much prized, a Big Thing. Yhese days, the enhanced form is hardly worth bothering about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.