Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Holiday Inn in London

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/SM, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Choice Hotels Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by TeflonMan
If Crowne Plaza is an option, consider CP The City. Very good hotel, right opposite Blackfriars Station.
+1. Have stayed there twice as a Platinum (before there was a Spire). They were Rewards stays, but I still got upgrade to Club Level and access to the Lounge, which has hot breakfast, drinks (as of 2012) and hors d'euvres at night, and sodas/water all day. We really enjoyed staying there.

The one downside is that there is not much close. You have to take the tube most places, though it's just across the street. It's about a mile walk to Soho/Chinatown. As far as eating, there is a good pub across the street (The Blackfriar) and several other restaurants about 3-4 blocks away, including a great Indian place (I think it's called Bengal Tiger).
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cigar55
….

The one downside is that there is not much close. You have to take the tube most places, though it's just across the street. It's about a mile walk to Soho/Chinatown. As far as eating, there is a good pub across the street (The Blackfriar) and several other restaurants about 3-4 blocks away, including a great Indian place (I think it's called Bengal Tiger).
This isn't really true there are a variety of places nearby, including those immediately across the bridge, the eateries going all the way to Ludgate Circus, Ludgate Hill and the extensive selection there (Burger Lobster, Paternoster Chophouse etc.)

This is a prime City location and on weekdays and nights anyway there is plenty of good drinking and dining options immediately around you
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
HI Mayfair's location is the draw that keeps it full despite the shabbiness of the furnishings.
CP The City is indeed a great property, a bit of a walk/ride from some of the main tourist spots but still pretty central. I'd put it high on the list.
Unfortunately, CP St. James has been reflagged as a Taj property; it was my favorite!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.