Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

About credit pts for multiple rooms: T&C misinterpreted or misleading selling?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonny

IHG T&C only indicated US and Canada can have points for multiple rooms up to 9, not presenting that point for multiple rooms is not allowed outside US&Canada.

Is it only T&C misinterpreted? If acc pts for multiple rooms is not allowed, we should able to complain to consumer council outside US&can about IHG misleading selling via App.
​​
As the ihg app shows clearly how many points you would collect for multiple rooms booking (even outside US& can), it obviously is misleading selling. It is not reasonable to show the acc point if it is valid only for US and Canada. From technical point of view, it is simple to have accurate points estimation, but App shows multi rooms points even hotel booked outside US&Can. Can we sign up together to complaint IHG? I complaint to Facebook, email,... But no one care. It is illegal activities.

Bonny on behalf of AlexLi
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:12 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

YOu have posted this question also in several other thread. As cross-posting is not within our t&c here at Flyertalk, I have deleted this post in favour of this thread

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Got caught by this a few months ago. Was not familiar with the limitations until I did a search here after being denied the points I felt I was promised by the confirmation. Like you, this is enough of a slap to move my business away from IHG properties, especially since I feel that other elite benefits are poor compared to Hilton, SPG, Hyatt, etc. I will not rule out IHG entirely but will consider them only when other properties are not available or too expensive (I like the HIX Belgrade, for example and the rates are reasonable).
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonny
Finally. We got all the points.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Bonny Jay
IHG T&C only indicated US and Canada can have points for multiple rooms up to 9, not presenting that point for multiple rooms is not allowed outside US&Canada.

Is it only T&C misinterpreted? If acc pts for multiple rooms is not allowed, we should able to complain to consumer council outside US&can about IHG misleading selling via App.
​​
As the ihg app shows clearly how many points you would collect for multiple rooms booking (even outside US& can), it obviously is misleading selling. It is not reasonable to show the acc point if it is valid only for US and Canada. From technical point of view, it is simple to have accurate points estimation, but App shows multi rooms points even hotel booked outside US&Can. Can we sign up together to complaint IHG? I complaint to Facebook, email,... But no one care. It is illegal activities.

Bonny on behalf of AlexLi
According to the T&C you can only earn points from one room outside of North America. I've found that sometimes it works if you asked all the charges to be transferred to one folio and one room number and pay at once, but it doesn't always work.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
According to the T&C you can only earn points from one room outside of North America. I've found that sometimes it works if you asked all the charges to be transferred to one folio and one room number and pay at once, but it doesn't always work.
I think the key here is if the hotel is willing to give you the points for this. Some are, some aren't. In several cases I put all the charges on a single folio and paid it but one hotel processed the points and one hotel stood behind the T&Cs and said "no, we won't give you the points." So having done the single folio deal several times already in Serbia during the last few years, I assumed that was just the way things worked. In other words, I didn't know this was the hotel being willing to give me points for multiple rooms which wasn't standard IHG policy. So when the Hungarian hotel said that their policy was to abide by the IHG T&Cs, I was unhappy because I didn't know the T&Cs existed. Now I do and I won't make these types of multi-room bookings at European IHG hotels again (except for the ones I know will put things on one folio to give me all the points).

Last edited by eefor jfp; Jul 21, 2018 at 3:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.