Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Voco brand discussion (Gold Coast, Dubai, Cardiff, etc)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
Some of my own feedback
Thanks for posting the feedback, I am also staying at the Voco Thames on a Chase Anniversary Free Night in early December; looks like I have Deluxe King Bed which am looking forward to after coming from a flight from Seattle. Good info on the breakfast too about pricing.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 6:39 am

Programs: Ihg diamond ambassador hilton gold
Staying in Solihull this weekend. 68gbp for 1 night booked today so not a bad rate. Anyone been recently?
Old Feb 22, 2020, 1:06 pm

Staying at Voco in Solihull
Rooms are pretty big with consistent chic vibes throughout
Our room was on first floor a fair walk from the reception in the conference area of the hotel
Welcome from staff was nice and didnt incl breakfast in our rate but got two free bottles of water
There is a 10gbp car park charge and not had that mentioned to us apart from on website so we will see what happens there

Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:57 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
Anybody have experience of Voco Dubai on SZR? Seen a couple of posts mentioning that there are no real benefits for Spire members and that the rooms are small. I'm looking at this hotel as the prices are okay for when I want to travel. However, I was wondering how much Club Lounge access is and whether the rooms are luxurious enough to warrant the 5-star rating that this hotel gives itself.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 4:39 am

Due to stay at Voco Solihull on Sunday. Just checked app to contact about booking a swim. Turns out as of yesterday its a quarantine hotel.

So watch out if you have a booking coming up there
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:21 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Voco St Augustine

And then there is this Voco, a former La Quinta Inn and Suites (same address???? but quite different looking) in St Augustine, FL that I'll try in October. No pictures other than the exterior, so hopefully, it won't be too bad with a complete remodel. Price is reasonable for the area and time of year.

Last edited by rbAA; Jun 18, 2021 at 1:09 am
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I booked the Hotel Central Times Square NYC for a trip to NYC in December with my Chase vouchers. The hotel is being renovated right now and will be the Voco Times Square NYC once the renovation is complete in September. (Hotel used to be the DoubleTree Times Square South NYC) I figure the hotel award category will go up once it is branded as a Voco and right now it's a bargain at 30k in NYC. Reviews right now are pretty bad but since I am staying 3 months after the rebrand I hope it will be ok. (Have a backup booking just in case the reviews don't improve after the rebranding.) Was trying to figure out what some of the Voco brand standards are but it appears there really aren't any other than some lifestyle blah blah blah on the brands main page.

https://www.ihg.com/spnd/hotels/us/e...vm/hoteldetail

Renovated room pics look nice:

Last edited by christianj; Jun 15, 2021 at 8:39 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.