Wiki Posts
Search

ANA Platinum Benefits

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Scrub
ANA Platinum Benefits

Just received an email from IHG today thanking me for being a valued IHG member and offered ANA Mileage Club Platinum Status. Anyone else get this email?
I am an IHG Platinum and have had a handful of stays at several IHG ANA properties in Japan
Attached Images  
Old May 10, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Interesting. As ANA Platinum I got an e-mail offering me IHG Platinum. I honestly think ANA Platinum is way more valuable than IHG Platinum...

If you live in Japan you can now automatically apply for a credit card (Superflyers card) that will give you Star Alliance Gold as long as you keep the card. If you live in the USA, with ANA Platinum you can access United Club for free with someone even in national flights. Same for Europe. So I think you are lucky!
Old May 10, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: Lowly CX & IHG
Got the email too (and I had also stayed in ANA-IHG properties if it matters). The T&C explicitly says no Super Flyer application though, not that it matters because I'm not based in Japan.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Originally Posted by watery
The T&C explicitly says no Super Flyer application though, not that it matters because I'm not based in Japan.

Oh OK. Makes sense considering how difficult is to get Platinum and Superflyers for those based in Japan.
Old May 10, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA Exp Plat, UA 1K MM, DL Plat Hyatt Globalist, MGM Noir
I received the offer e-mail as well. I too value ANA Platinum more than I do IHG Platinum. I did have a couple of stays last year at the ANA Crowne Plaza Narita. Looking forward to United Club access that comes with the Star Gold status.
Old May 10, 2018, 11:39 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I've received the offer too despite having no status with IHG (I only opened the account for one promo about a year ago).
Old May 11, 2018, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Saw this on the blogs and apparently am eligible for the offer. Don't mind if I take the free *G for the next year that's coming with this in case I end up on any UA flights
Old May 11, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Duke787
Saw this on the blogs and apparently am eligible for the offer. Don't mind if I take the free *G for the next year that's coming with this in case I end up on any UA flights
Did you get an email for it, or did you just apply for it through the link on the site? IHG doesn't have a good closed-loop system for targeted offers. They are known for an offer link to be open to all, then deleting an account later because of offer abuse. I'd be careful.

Last edited by Super Mario; May 11, 2018 at 4:33 pm
Old May 11, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Well... crap. Tried to register for this before I saw this thread. I've only been Spire IC for this year since the Kimpton transition so I haven't followed the IHG flyertalk forum to know about them terminating accounts. I've had plenty of situations with other hotels/airlines where I was targeted but never got the communication and they all seem to have more sophisticated (so... ANY sophistication at all) systems to either block or ignore registrations like this, and I certainly wasn't trying to do anything fraudulently. Hopefully I just get ignored or a slap on the wrist and not terminated.

I wasn't going to re-qualify this year anyway but I do have some nice stays coming up that I'd like to keep my status for. Guess I'll use up all my points proactively and hope for the best. My account got hacked last month and it was frozen for about 2 weeks while they researched and re-instated my points. Maybe I can blame it on that.

Last edited by mpw81; May 11, 2018 at 1:52 pm Reason: Hit post button before finished.
Old May 11, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
I received the email as well , I have been a club member for a very Long time ever since I switched to Hilton.

I did stay in numerous Ana properties throughout the lifespan of my account

not complaining but loving it as I have lost my *G months ago.
Old May 11, 2018, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Super Mario
Did you get an email for it, or did you just apply for it through the link on the site? IHG doesn't have a good closed-loop system for targeted offers. They are known for an offer link to be open to all, then deleting an account later because of offer abuse. I'd be careful.
Oh drat! A friend forwarded this link to me earlier today and I promptly signed up. Now reading your post I am worried and wonder how I can 'undo' this? Don't need ANA Platinum since I am already *G with another carrier
Old May 13, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by valdor
I've received the offer too despite having no status with IHG (I only opened the account for one promo about a year ago).
Which country are you registered in?
Old May 14, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Seems this ANA/IHG offer is targetted to IHGers with IHG Japan stay in last 2years.
Old May 14, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Seems this ANA/IHG offer is targetted to IHGers with IHG Japan stay in last 2years.
Is there any mention of that on IHG site or other official sources? I guess I did have a couples of stays in IHG ANA properties in past 2–2,5 years.
Old May 15, 2018, 12:46 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Loyaltylobby piece.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/05/11/...march-31-2019/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.