Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ihg Partner Rate Certificate

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
ihg Partner Rate Certificate

Hello,

I have been staying at quite a few Holiday Inn/Crowne Plaza and Intercontinental Hotels in both the UK and Europe over the past few months. I also have a booking in Amsterdam coming up later this month as well as some stays at Manchester Airport Crowne Plaza. I always book the hotels at the ‘pre-paid’ 30% off partner rate (or at Intercontinental 20% off but including breakfast) on the ihg website as this seems to be cheaper than the standard ‘ihg rewards club’ member rate, providing it is booked 21 days ahead.

As per the terms of the partner rate, I always print off and take with me a completed copy of Partnerships voucher (which according to the T&C’s I need to produce at check in). However, I have never been asked for one when checking in. Even when I have offered it at check in, I get told it is not needed ‘this time’.

Am I wasting my time printing these certificates off? Or am I likely to be asked for it on the odd occasion, so do need to print it of? I was hoping there was an ‘electronic’ voucher I could store on my phone but there isn’t sadly.

Thanks,

BM
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
I always carry the voucher with me too. Never been asked to show it.
BarneyMcGrew likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Originally Posted by Carel1
I always carry the voucher with me too. Never been asked to show it.
Thanks for that Carel1,

In future I may just carry a 'blank' one and fill it out there and then if ever I am asked for it (which does seem unlikely in both my and seemingly your experience).

Although knowing my luck, next time I check in I will be asked for it (I don't want to have to pay the 'Rewards Club' rates because of not having the voucher!).

One thing I cannot fathom though, we seem to get awarded the same number of rewards/elite qualifying points with the voucher as without it. I thought we would get less but it seems not. Unless of course it is a computer glitch on the new ihg website (which as discussed elsewhere is not as good as the old website).

BM

Last edited by BarneyMcGrew; Feb 8, 2018 at 3:46 am Reason: spelling!
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I have never been asked for the paper form in about 7 or 8 stays. That includes 3 different property stays in Amsterdam in January.
BarneyMcGrew likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.