Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Wiki was copied from 2017 thread
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

Pointbeaks changed the amount of points needed: This is discussed in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1890423-point-breaks-now-5k-10-15k.html

This thread is about the discussion about the locations and the actual list, please use the thread above for discussions about the increased number of points needed for pointbreak redemptions.

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2018 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:45 pm

Thank you to all those who begged IHG to increase pointbreaks from 5000 to 10000 and higher./
Now many of the hotels that we used to get at 5000 will be 10 and 15 thousand per night.
When people were writing about it I mentioned that I was fine with PB as it was...sometimes when you ask for something..a company uses it to raise pricing. It's obvious that this is the case with the "new" pointbreaks.. HORRIBLE.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:55 pm

The PB preview list has 1 property at 5k, 4 at 10k and 3 at 15k. Doesn't bode well for a reasonable percentage of 5k properties...
torontotravel likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Hopefully there will be attractive properties on the list.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: IHG Amb, MR Plat, FB Silver
Originally Posted by minz56
I believe there will be over 200 hotels on the upcoming PB list, compared to about 100 for the last two promotions.
I believe there will be 2000 IHG hotels on the list. My belief is based on the same amount of evidence as yours.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Viks
I believe there will be 2000 IHG hotels on the list. My belief is based on the same amount of evidence as yours.
I am basing my estimate on what has been reported by The Points Guy (and other blogs) who appear to be getting a figure of "over 200" from IHG.

https://thepointsguy.com/2018/01/ihg...-three-levels/

However all will be revealed soon!
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Viks
a bit childish and uninformed

From Points with a crew:

A NEWLY-REVAMPED POINTBREAKS® IS ON THE WAY!

MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR MONDAY, JANUARY 29, AT 12 P.M. EST

IHG® Rewards Club members love the PointBreaks promotion, and they’ve asked us to make it available in more hotels and more locations. We are very excited that you’re among the first to know that a new PointBreaks is coming!

For the first time, IHG® Rewards Club is changing the popular PointBreaks promotion to offer more variety and more locations. Members can now book Reward Nights at a significant discount at more than 200 hotels, nearly double the number of hotels previously offered, giving members the opportunity to experience more IHG hotels around the world.
minz56 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:42 am

I was sitting there planning a bunch of IHG stays for the accelerate promotion when this came now. Not anymore. I doubt I will ever do a paid night at IHG again. The program was worthwhile only for the Pointsbreaks. I wont be surprised if there are still some decent 5k options on this list, but it seems pretty much guaranteed that that % will go down quickly over the next few lists. I hope I can find decent use for my remaining IHG points. After that, I'm gone.
torontotravel likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:50 am
jxd

Don't get your hopes up. I'm pretty sure the list will just slowly get worse.
slowly and torontotravel like this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: IHG
No issue with this at all. There's 3 IC's in just the 8-property preview list. This is much more like it.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:07 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
I think point breaks will be decent this time. They don't want to send the message: "We have a list of included properties just as usual. Only change is the number of points you need to participate has gone up by a factor of 2-3."
Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:15 am

A few people completely over-reacting on here. What do you want, a list of HI and HIX as we've had for the past few years, or some significantly better properties for just 10'000 points? Honestly..
Old Jan 26, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Originally Posted by turner32
A few people completely over-reacting on here. What do you want, a list of HI and HIX as we've had for the past few years, or some significantly better properties for just 10'000 points? Honestly..
I'd like a list of significantly better properties AND some of the same properties for 5k. PB's were 5ks. Now they are not. Seems like now it will be just "reduced points" awards. After popping up the points for so many in the first place.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 5:28 am

Well, I think we'd all like some great properties for 5'000 points, but that's not going to happen.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 5:31 am

I don't think people are overreacting at all. Sadly point devaluations are a norm. Pointbreaks was great because it was at the 5000 point level. Methinks this is just a case of eventually wipe out the 5000 point threshold. I hope I'm wrong. We'll see in the next few lists how many decent hotels are listed at 5000 points.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 5:34 am

Some of the nice properties I've stayed at for 5000 points,, the Staybridge Suites when it opened in Las Vegas (an amazing stay), a very nice hotel in Queens(NYC) the name of which escapes me again when it just opened, a nice hotel near Mall of America, Holiday Inn Express Buffalo downtown, and many others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.