Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Restoring IHG Points

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2017, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Restoring IHG Points

I had 100k points that just expired from IHG--I called them a few times to restate but they said no and that there is no way to restore the points. Does anyone have any insight into how to restore IHG points? Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:01 am

Seems like they stopped making reinstatements..
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...einstated.html
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Unfortunate... especially since it is so easy to keep IHG points alive. (just make a reward booking then cancel it)
Old Dec 26, 2017, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

No luck at all--other hotel chains offer some type of amnesty but not IHG--called and wrote to them and they don't budge.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Originally Posted by Steven Greenblatt
I had 100k points that just expired from IHG--I called them a few times to restate but they said no and that there is no way to restore the points. Does anyone have any insight into how to restore IHG points? Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
It’s so easy to keep points live. No excuse for letting them expire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.