Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New IHG Web Booking Interface is PISSING ME OFF!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:43 am

Another issue I have noticed is that thentime it takes to lock you out due to inactivity now seems to be much longer than it was.

A few times now I've went back to the site after anything up to an hour later and I’m still logged in.

No major issue on a personal computer but may be an issue if someone needs to login on a personal computer and forgets to logout.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:17 pm

Terrible interface, but it seems to go back and forth - right now I am able to use the old one. Perhaps they'll reconsider?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
I still can't get a list of upcoming reservations on the new website. This issue is so frustrating! I have to go to the app to find the confirmation #, then manually type it in on the website to view or modify (since the app only lets you modify dates, not room type or rate).
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
I still can't get a list of upcoming reservations on the new website. This issue is so frustrating! I have to go to the app to find the confirmation #, then manually type it in on the website to view or modify (since the app only lets you modify dates, not room type or rate).
Click "Stays and Events."

I agree the redesign sucks.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
but why (oh why! ) do they do this without testing it on some guinea-pig users of their site?

OK, so we are the guinea-pigs: how do we get our response to the in an effective way .... ?
Carel1 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:20 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
but why (oh why! ) do they do this without testing it on some guinea-pig users of their site?

OK, so we are the guinea-pigs: how do we get our response to the in an effective way .... ?
One way is everytime you use the new site, send them a comment re "Website issue" letting them know what specific problem you had. I just made a res and had to click around to find the booking page. Of course, it was after I was looking at acct acrivity, so basically two clicks to get there. That's got to be an issue they want to correct. Why not just do like they had before, with the links at the top immediately going to bookings.

But then, it's IHG IT, so the bar is set rather low.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by Michael El

I was stumped too, until I searched this thread. It should say "My Stays and Events".
chrism20 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Originally Posted by Michael El

I have tried that, too, many times. Still shows an error with upcoming stays:
"Sorry, please try again. If the problem persists, please contact Customer Care for assistance."
So frustrating.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by BigE
I was stumped too, until I searched this thread. It should say "My Stays and Events".
I still get an error there, too:
"Sorry, please try again. If the problem persists, please contact Customer Care for assistance."
Old Dec 22, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
I still get an error there, too:
You might want to do that . . . . I called to ask when I'll be able to see my upcoming stays. Was told in about a week, they are aware of the problem. Immediately after nicely asking the question, I was given points for the inconvenience. Maybe selecting the option to provide feedback helped; maybe Spire helps; maybe my upcoming reservations helped. It was the quickest, most painless call I've ever experienced with IHG.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Steph58
You might want to do that . . . . I called to ask when I'll be able to see my upcoming stays. Was told in about a week, they are aware of the problem. Immediately after nicely asking the question, I was given points for the inconvenience. Maybe selecting the option to provide feedback helped; maybe Spire helps; maybe my upcoming reservations helped. It was the quickest, most painless call I've ever experienced with IHG.
I did speak to Royal Ambassador Customer Service about this issue a week ago. All he did was report the problem, but I'll try again.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 3:43 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Not a fan of the new IHG website, but even less about the new FT, where quick reply causes the script to disappear under the control panel. Have FT used the same IT firm as IHG?
chrism20, puchong and 1flyer like this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
Not a fan of the new IHG website, but even less about the new FT, where quick reply causes the script to disappear under the control panel. Have FT used the same IT firm as IHG?

Touché

Old Jan 5, 2018, 8:21 am

Tried to submit a payment for ambassador renewal for my partner this morning and received a blank screen in reply. So it all seems to be working fine now.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
Thumbs down endless problems with new IHG website

it seems incredible that a huge group like IHG could have employed such hapless and incompetent web designers but even more incredible that management permitted someone to actually launch an untested and hugely "wonky" website

future stays do not show, the mobile app shows different information, the site repeatedly opens in Arabic or Chinese despite resetting it numerous times, after entering correct password + user name the site will never open on the first try.....................

if I did not have status, I would avoid IHG like the plague

these poor management decisions are making it extremely difficult to continue being an IHG customer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.