Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10% Ambassador rebate on points

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:39 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I was just going to send an email, when the 10% magically appeared. Of course, it was for a points stay that I had cancelled, but it all evens out.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Honors Gold
Originally Posted by rbAA
I was just going to send an email, when the 10% magically appeared. Of course, it was for a points stay that I had cancelled, but it all evens out.
How long was it between when the stay was supposed to happen, and the points appearing? I had a stay in Sep where the 10% rebate points still haven't posted automatically - I could chase it, but in the past there have sometimes been, ahem, errors in my favour when the points post automatically, which doesn't happen when I chase (so I'm trying not to chase unless I really have to).
Old Dec 5, 2019, 6:04 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Usually they don't post. In my case 100% failure rate so far. Consider yourself lucky if some do post, even if months later.

It is best to wait 8 weeks before claiming as else the Service team will not process the request and ask you to wait till 8 weeks have passed.

For such a prominently advertised feature of Ambassador program benefits it is borderline fraudulent how IHG handles this (or rather doesn't handle it). YMMV.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:28 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by voodoofish
How long was it between when the stay was supposed to happen, and the points appearing? I had a stay in Sep where the 10% rebate points still haven't posted automatically - I could chase it, but in the past there have sometimes been, ahem, errors in my favour when the points post automatically, which doesn't happen when I chase (so I'm trying not to chase unless I really have to).
I find that if they do post, it's 8 to 12 weeks after the stay, but usually I have to chase them. I always wait the 8 to 12 weeks, usually the low side, and they post right away after I call.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by rbAA
I find that if they do post, it's 8 to 12 weeks after the stay, but usually I have to chase them. I always wait the 8 to 12 weeks, usually the low side, and they post right away after I call.
One really needs to keep track of their award stays and then mark off when they are each rebated. I have had a couple of award stays automatically credit this year (and seems to occur after the end of the month). But most of the time I need to call, and they process the rebates while I am on hold. However, one has to wait 8 weeks after check-out for the rebate to not post in order to have it manually done. And I have had them process the rebates when I called in for stays that were more than 8 weeks in the past, while intentionally not doing so for the ones which were less than 8 weeks, resulting in the need for a follow-up phone call. And to make things further confusing, the manual rebates with CS will show which hotel stay it is being applied to in one's account history, but the automatic rebates do not. So, you basically have to guess which stay it is based upon the amount of points being rebated.
jphripjah likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Fanjet
One really needs to keep track of their award stays and then mark off when they are each rebated.
Absolutely. I calendar this stuff.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 4:16 am
Suspended

I am glad that I am not the only one noticing that my rebate is missing. But it is too much a hard work to keep tracks and the manual work on matching rebate is too time consuming. I will need to track them all from now.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I don't have many IHG stays these days, but had a few last summer where I made a list. If so, it helps to keep track of the confirmation number as well for the follow up request.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Just renewed for the first time with the 10% rebate and 15,000 points. My second year technically starts March 1. I previously booked an award stay for May. Will this receive the rebate, or does it need to be booked after March 1?
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by rdh0924
Will this receive the rebate, or does it need to be booked after March 1?
The latter.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:51 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by R.O.
The latter.
Got it. Good to know. Planning to stack with my 10% IHG Select card rebate and fourth night free from IHG Premier card moving forward!
Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:36 am

In case I book 2 rooms using points, will I get a rebate for both rooms?
Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 4:40 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Is the 10% rebate for renewing Amb gone? I just logged in to renew and was presented with this option:

Renew for $200 USD and get 15,000 points plus a Reward Night rebate*

Nothing in the terms about a rebate and the asterix doesn't have any footnote.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
I called IHG and they said "plus a Reward Night rebate" is the 10% rebate. So it should have remained unchanged... just weird website does not clarify.

It almost seems like they want to keep this benefit hidden and hard to get. My 10% never posts anymore unless I file missing points request. The 10% back is the most valuable perk of Ambassador IMO since you can get back up to 100,000 points on redemption.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:59 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Is there an e-mail where I can write about the missing AMB rebate points? The "virtual assistant" on IHG's website is an unfunny joke and I really hate calling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.