Wiki Posts
Search

E-Rewards points not Elite Qualifying?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
E-Rewards points not Elite Qualifying?

Hi, I have had some E-Rewards points credited to my IHG account today, but they did not go in as Elite qualifying?

I know they have previously, is this a change, should they have, or should they never have been elite qualifying in the first place?

Any advice is appreciated
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The terms and conditions on the e-Rewards page still say they should be EQ.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:32 am

They always used to be elite qualifying.
I had some post in January, qualifying.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:38 am

I have my screengrab of e-Rewards terms & conditions from earlier today. Have submitted a missing partner points form at IHG with an indication I have it and am ready to provide documentation I redeemed in good faith that they would be EQ.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beachmouse
The terms and conditions on the e-Rewards page still say they should be EQ.
Hi, would you be good enough to tell me where on the e-rewards website the link is to say the points are elite qualifying?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Saral
Hi, would you be good enough to tell me where on the e-rewards website the link is to say the points are elite qualifying?
Go into where you'd redeem for an award. Click to redeem for IHG. There is a teal-colored bar that will appear underneath where it either asks for your e-Rewards password and IHG number or tells you you don't have enough points to redeem. Click on the plus sign on the teal bar and it displays the T&C for you. "IHG Rewards Club Points earned through e-Rewards count towards Elite Tier status." is currently the last bullet point in the 'Rules' area.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Go into where you'd redeem for an award. Click to redeem for IHG. There is a teal-colored bar that will appear underneath where it either asks for your e-Rewards password and IHG number or tells you you don't have enough points to redeem. Click on the plus sign on the teal bar and it displays the T&C for you. "IHG Rewards Club Points earned through e-Rewards count towards Elite Tier status." is currently the last bullet point in the 'Rules'
area.
​​​​​​​I've found it, thanks very much
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/SM, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Choice Hotels Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I made Spire last summer, so didn't deposit any E-Rewards points for the rest of the year. I deposited quite a few this year in January. they all posted as EQ. I made a 4000 point deposit last week and it just posted (today) as 0 EQ points. I guess I can call the Rewards desk and find out what the story is. Maybe there is an annual limit.

Edit: I read the T&C description (found it from the above description). It says:
"IHG Rewards Club Points earned through e-Rewards count towards Elite Tier status."

I'll give it a day or two before I contact them.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cigar55
I made Spire last summer, so didn't deposit any E-Rewards points for the rest of the year. I deposited quite a few this year in January. they all posted as EQ. I made a 4000 point deposit last week and it just posted (today) as 0 EQ points. I guess I can call the Rewards desk and find out what the story is. Maybe there is an annual limit.

Edit: I read the T&C description (found it from theabove description). It says:
"IHG Rewards Club Points earned through e-Rewards count towards Elite Tier status."

I'll give it a day or two before I contact them.
it says there is no limit either, as I believe some transfers to other schemes have a limit
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:25 am
Original Poster

I put a missing partner points query in and they have replied to say, yes they should be elite qualifying points so we have referred it on to 'the speciality dept' and they will come back to me within 7 days
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:50 am

I got a similar message. IHG has been having a lot of minor but annoying IT issues this year. Here's hoping they make a correction before the next batch of e-Rewards points process on the Monday overnight
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
How much do you guys manage to get with E-Rewards yearly/monthly?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by moe8555
I got 28,000 IHG points via e-rewards last year. Only do a transfer once a year so not sure how it breaks down monthly/quarterly.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrism20
I got 28,000 IHG points via e-rewards last year. Only do a transfer once a year so not sure how it breaks down monthly/quarterly.
​​​​​​​funnily enough I had 28000 transferred last year as well
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by moe8555
You can get a maximum of 3 surveys a day- mid afternoon to early evening in the USA seems to be when they're fattest. (Do save any e-mails you get from them for surveys- you can use that single link in the e-mail many, many times to search for a survey)

I got about 65K in IHG points last year before I hit Spire and decided to spend the rest of the year throwing a few points over to Avios and letting the rest of the balance build in hopes e-Rewards would still be EQ in 2017. And then transferred over like 20K in IHG points on January 1 this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.