Search

Housekeeping in the bag - a DND alternative

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2017, 3:26 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Housekeeping in the bag - a DND alternative

I often cannot be bothered getting my room serviced on stays of a couple of days and leave the DND sign on the door (yep, lazy me). Was surprised yesterday by a CP to find a large bag on my door in the afternoon, titled "it's in the bag".

At first I thought maybe I had someone's laundry but on closer inspection found fresh towels and toiletries as well as a roll of toilet paper. Haven't seen it before but thought it was a great idea!
Old Jan 31, 2017, 1:37 am

FWIW: HI Munich-Unterhaching offered 1,000 points for every day (of more than one-night stays, obviously) that you did without housekeeping when I last stayed there in November.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 3:16 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
SPG do the points for no housekeeping thing, surprised it hasn't spread further, would be a big $$ saver for properties.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, BA Gold, Hyatt
I've had this "housekeeping in a bag" service before at a HI too and thought it was a great idea. I didn't get extra points for not having them come in to the room but appreciated the fresh towels.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have gotten this a few times at multiple chains. I usually don't even open the bag or touch anything in there hoping they will reuse all the stuff. To me, it is not the most environmental practice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.