Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Club Life Experience

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Any new reports from the Amstel? I am thinking of staying there in June but I am also considering the Le Grand in Paris. Club Life experience could make all of the difference.
Stayed two weeks ago on points, no generous suite upgrade like previous visits earlier this year. City view room to River view room with scaffolding, meaning "no" view room, but I do understand since the whole hotel exterior is under renovation.

Club Life Experience is still available, and was told at check-in that there are no plans to discontinue. On Reward nights I still consider Club Life a good deal for Ambassadors, as you cannot prebook discounted breakfast on points. Am not so happy with the minibar soda's instead of the all day coffee/tea & water, but that's a personal thing.

So, if you're planning a reward stay you get a good value redemption at Amstel, and Club Life is a convenient add-on.

If however you are planning an Amb BOGO weekend, then a Club room at the IC Paris Le Grand is definately much better value, when booked (and/or rebooked) at the right time you have those at €450 for two nights including full Club service. And as much as I like Amsterdam, I looooove Paris more. But again, that's personal.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stealthmode

If however you are planning an Amb BOGO weekend, then a Club room at the IC Paris Le Grand is definately much better value, when booked (and/or rebooked) at the right time you have those at €450 for two nights including full Club service. And as much as I like Amsterdam, I looooove Paris more. But again, that's personal.
This is exactly what I wanted to know. I will be using the Amb. Weekend certificate for a two night stay right before a cruise and want to get the best value out of it. A club room at the Le Grand is €670 for two nights, while it is €595 for two nights at the Amstel (no lounge). Decisions, decisions. . .
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG
This is exactly what I wanted to know. I will be using the Amb. Weekend certificate for a two night stay right before a cruise and want to get the best value out of it. A club room at the Le Grand is €670 for two nights, while it is €595 for two nights at the Amstel (no lounge). Decisions, decisions. . .
Personally, i'd go for Le Grand. The service is exceptional in the lounge, really great staff who can't do enough for you. Far superior selection of food and drink, and you you're not left with the impression that the staff resent you being there, as you do at the Amstel.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:51 am

€670 eight months out is a "normal" price, but rates go up or down depending on occupancy, and usually they go as low as €450 a couple days before the stay date. Amb BOGO is a flex non deposit rate, so why pay €670 if you can rebook for €450 !?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
€670 eight months out is a "normal" price, but rates go up or down depending on occupancy, and usually they go as low as €450 a couple days before the stay date. Amb BOGO is a flex non deposit rate, so why pay €670 if you can rebook for €450 !?
Will do just that. Thanks for the information.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
I just stayed in both Estoril and in Porto, and both offered the "Club Experience" ...
I appreciate it ... free breakfast and some of the other Club perks like pressing. The evening cocktails/canapes were less than what you usually have in a Club. 4 appetizers. At least in both cases they gave me seconds. And both had a good selection of Portuguese wines. And they offered this later than the actual Club in Lisbon, which closed the Club food selection at 7:01 pm and wouldn't even serve me a drink ... the only thing on time in Portugal, and at the wrong hour.
Though not quite like having a Club Lounge, I would definitely hope that ICs without a Club (yes you, IC Tokyo Strings, IC Times Square, Willard, IC Vendome Beirut, Toronto Yorkville, LA Century City, and IC New Orleans which once had a Club) all adopt the "Club Experience."
I note the Chicago IC this year has been offering free breakfast and evening drink vouchers and coffee vouchers, a "Club Experience Lite."
I haven't been in the Amstel in over a year; the lack of a Club for such a high-end IC was always awkward; this would be a nice perk.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
I will be staying at IC Porto and IC Amstel soon. I am Spire Elite as well as Kimpton Inner Circle (which I realize has not benefit at these hotels).
Is the Club Life Experience only for Ambassadors or will be able to take advantages of these perks?
Thanks~
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by DebitNM
I will be staying at IC Porto and IC Amstel soon. I am Spire Elite as well as Kimpton Inner Circle (which I realize has not benefit at these hotels).
Is the Club Life Experience only for Ambassadors or will be able to take advantages of these perks?
Thanks~
Only Royal Ambassadors gets complimentary Club access.
Ambassadors, Spires and everyone else have to buy Club rooms to get Club access.
Getting upgraded from w non-Club room to a Club room or even a Suite does not confer Club access.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
No more Club Experience at Marseille ��
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Did they give a reason why?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by PayItForward
Only Royal Ambassadors gets complimentary Club access.
Ambassadors, Spires and everyone else have to buy Club rooms to get Club access.
Getting upgraded from w non-Club room to a Club room or even a Suite does not confer Club access.
Currently at IC Amstel enjoying Club Life Experience, regular rate for everyone is €105, Ambassadors used to get 20% off = €84... but my bill shows €105 which will probably be sorted out during check-out. Unlike your post, there are NO nor have there ever been Club rooms or Club Lounge for which access can be bought, that's why they have the Club Life Experience for over a year now.

Update: Ambassadors still get 20% discount on Club Life Experience, rate was adjusted at check-out. After testing guests preferences I was happy to read that they went back to the original all day coffee, tea and water in all outlets instead of the minibar soda's... for me this is much more enjoyable.

Last edited by Stealthmode; Mar 26, 2018 at 2:43 am
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Currently at IC Amstel enjoying Club Life Experience, regular rate for everyone is €105, Ambassadors used to get 20% off = €84... but my bill shows €105 which will probably be sorted out during check-out. Unlike your post, there are NO nor have there ever been Club rooms or Club Lounge for which access can be bought, that's why they have the Club Life Experience for over a year now.

Update: Ambassadors still get 20% discount on Club Life Experience, rate was adjusted at check-out. After testing guests preferences I was happy to read that they went back to the original all day coffee, tea and water in all outlets instead of the minibar soda's... for me this is much more enjoyable.
Do they still offer evening drinks in the bar? I read somewhere that this had now become a single drink in the room...
Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by turner32
Did they give a reason why?
Dear Nicolas75
Indeed, we were Pilot for the Club Experience program, for hotels that do not have a Club.
This Pilot has been finished for 3 months and must be converted in the year 2018 into a real program, taking into account all the returns collected (from us, Amsterdam and Porto).
I do not have the necessary elements yet.
I understand that it is disappointing today not being able to benefit from this Pilot.
What I can do is to offer you breakfast tomorrow morning, as well as a cocktail at the bar tonight, as a Royal Ambassador member, to please you.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:39 pm

About 3 weeks ago Amstel was still offerering this Club Life Experience.
Old May 24, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Originally Posted by 336
About 3 weeks ago Amstel was still offerering this Club Life Experience.
Can this be purchased with a awards start?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.