Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Welcome Points

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Did I miss something? Are welcome points now a thing of the past? Two stays so far this year, and I received no welcome points for either. No mention of it at check in, but that has happened before and the points still posted. Anyone else experience this recently?
Old Apr 1, 2021, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by DavidDTW
Did I miss something? Are welcome points now a thing of the past? Two stays so far this year, and I received no welcome points for either. No mention of it at check in, but that has happened before and the points still posted. Anyone else experience this recently?
It still is a thing, but you have to intimidate it with the IHG customer care. I had quite a few stays during the past 2 months, but welcome points were not posted for any of the stays. Ultimately I contacted IHG last week and the points for all the stays posted immediately. Typical IHG!
Old Apr 1, 2021, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by VictorHugo
It still is a thing, but you have to intimidate it with the IHG customer care. I had quite a few stays during the past 2 months, but welcome points were not posted for any of the stays. Ultimately I contacted IHG last week and the points for all the stays posted immediately. Typical IHG!
I liked it better when they just handed us the voucher at checkin, and we just went online to input the code, and the points immediately posted to our accounts. However, I personally have always been asked at checkin if I want the points or the other hotel amenity. And the points always show up in my account while I'm stil registered as a guest. It would suck if this benefit went away, given that IHG doesn't do much for their elites in the first place other than the extra bonus points for your charges.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by craz
Is there a chart anywhere that shows how many points each brand gives you?
Regarding my last 2 stays 1 didnt mention anything to me was Gold, my 2nd a C&P asked me if I wanted points for my welcome gift, Plat by then via the CC.

I had a few other stays (award nights) last year where I ended up getting zippo as a Gold
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I liked it better when they just handed us the voucher at checkin, and we just went online to input the code, and the points immediately posted to our accounts. However, I personally have always been asked at checkin if I want the points or the other hotel amenity. And the points always show up in my account while I'm stil registered as a guest. It would suck if this benefit went away, given that IHG doesn't do much for their elites in the first place other than the extra bonus points for your charges.
I thought vouchers were a European thing? I've never seen one.

​​Hotels have gotten better about posting the points during a stay in my experience. If you don't see them within a day or two after checkout, call the property (if possible).
Old Apr 2, 2021, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I thought vouchers were a European thing? I've never seen one.
Maybe, as that's almost entirely where my IHG stays are. However, even in Europe they stopped handing you the voucher at checkin. It's always asked of me at checkin and they do it themselves. And I just thought they were entering the long code on the voucher into my account themselves. Does anyone know if IHG updated their software where the desk agents can just press one or two keys and it gets done that way? It could explain no more handing out the vouchers. But once again, the points get posted to my account while I'm still registered as a guest in most cases. I would think that if it's now done by key entry at checkin, it wouldn't show up on my account until the actual stay credit does. That's how it is at Hilton hotels.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 4:53 am

Programs: HH, IHG, AA,
I have had 13 stays totalling 30 nights in 2021, all 13 stays gave me welcome bonus points, I was awarded them either on check in or when they close my bill out, not once in 2021 was I offered a drink voucher, (bars are still shut in UK hotels unles you ask for a drink to your room)

rob
Old Apr 3, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
I've had dozens of IHG stays over the last year. Some got a welcome bonus, some didn't. (Same at Hiltons.) I've always chalked that up to (let me call them "less than stellar") front desk employees.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 9:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
My last three stays did not post the bonus points, even though I specifically requested them rather than the snacks. Guess I will have to call customer care to resolve this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
You see, I don't do that. I nearly always take the drink and nearly always some welcome points get posted, often daily on longer stays. If they don't post (sometimes they don't) then I just chalk it up to the inconsistency of the program.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:38 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I take the points when asked , in an IC where I am a regular guest they no longer ask just post points . In most cases I have an email telling points have posted before I reach my room
Old Apr 6, 2021, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you use the missing points form (https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...missing-points) or some other contact?
Old Apr 7, 2021, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by fumje
Did you use the missing points form (https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...missing-points) or some other contact?
I haven't used the form. Instead, I contacted IHG's Twitter support directly. And the points got credited to my account in a matter of hours.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 10:28 pm

I haven't used the form. Instead, I contacted IHG's Twitter support directly. And the points got credited to my account in a matter of hours.
Same. All of my twitter DMs with IHG are about this, now I just copy, paste, and just change the hotel name/date and send.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gbdbld
Same. All of my twitter DMs with IHG are about this, now I just copy, paste, and just change the hotel name/date and send.
Thanks — took about three hours to get points credited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.