FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1807732-ihg-accelerate-1q-2017-1st-jan-15th-apr.html)

Shareholder Dec 27, 2016 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by FonzieBone (Post 27666209)
Hmmm...good find. I just double checked all the terms, and looks like I have that booked by verbiage in 3x tasks (Weekend Stay, Stay Once, January Bonus offer). I was basically planning to mattress run 3 nights to complete the entire promo, and already booked one weekend prepaid/nonrefundable.

My fault for failing to read the terms, but they've never required this for past Accelerate tasks, have they? Only that one has been registered for the promo prior to actually making the reservation.

I've already emailed IHG to inquire if the prepaid stay will count.

I don't believe the January bonus offer qualifies as one of the required tasks so can't be included in your tally. Also note some tasks require a booking done January 1st or after to qualify. (Each task has its own set of T&Cs so read them carefully.) However, prepaid rates should be eligible as they do earn points.

Shareholder Dec 27, 2016 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by cashbro (Post 27623590)
If I'm planning to stay from 14-16 April, is it going to be counted as 1 night or 2 nights?

Actually, upon re-reading, both nights should count as overnight 15/16th is still eligible, being the final night of the promotion. My apologies for misleading you, though you may want to contact IHG directly to confirm this.

Paulchili Dec 27, 2016 1:53 pm

My offer

1 Stay once - 5K points
2 Stay 5 times 10K points bonus
3 Bonus weekend stay (2 nights) - 6K points
4 Book & pay with IHG card - 1.5K points
5 Complete 3 of 4 offers get 17.5K bonus points
6 book & stay once in January- 1K bonus points

So if I book a weekend for January now (2 nights) and book one more in January then I should get 31K points (all but offer #3 for 10K)?
They could be Thu in one HI and the same weekend in another HI?

Saral Dec 27, 2016 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Paulchili (Post 27668225)
1 Stay once - 5K points
2 Stay 5 times 10K points bonus
3 Bonus weekend stay (2 nights) - 6K points
4 Book & pay with IHG card - 1.5K points
5 Complete 3 of 4 offers get 17.5K bonus points
6 book & stay once in January- 1K bonus points

So if I book a weekend for January now (2 nights) and book one more in January then I should get 31K points (all but offer #3 for 10K)?
They could be Thu in one HI and the same weekend in another HI?

When you say book a weekend for January 'now' check the T and C's for each task as some require you to 'book and stay' from Jan 1st, but if you did book a 2 night weekend in January and paid on your ihg card that would cover you for #1,3, 4 you would then get the #5 and 6 , so no need to book another night

You can't use #6 as one of your 3 out of 4 tasks for getting the #5 bonus

Paulchili Dec 28, 2016 12:12 am

Originally Posted by Saral (Post 27668387)
When you say book a weekend for January 'now' check the T and C's for each task as some require you to 'book and stay' from Jan 1st, but if you did book a 2 night weekend in January and paid on your ihg card that would cover you for #1,3, 4 you would then get the #5 and 6 , so no need to book another night

You can't use #6 as one of your 3 out of 4 tasks for getting the #5 bonus

Thank you.
Are you sure that I would get #1 & #5 as well with just a 2 day weekend booked in January (and not just #3,4 &6)?

Saral Dec 28, 2016 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Paulchili (Post 27669980)
Thank you.
Are you sure that I would get #1 & #5 as well with just a 2 day weekend booked in January (and not just #3,4 &6)?

Stay Once literally means that, so yes you would get #1 and if you paid with your IHG credit card you would get #5

Sorry to keep mentioning that credit card one you just never confirmed you were paying with it

TravelinSperry Dec 28, 2016 5:31 am

Originally Posted by FonzieBone (Post 27666209)
Hmmm...good find. I just double checked all the terms, and looks like I have that booked by verbiage in 3x tasks (Weekend Stay, Stay Once, January Bonus offer). I was basically planning to mattress run 3 nights to complete the entire promo, and already booked one weekend prepaid/nonrefundable.

My fault for failing to read the terms, but they've never required this for past Accelerate tasks, have they? Only that one has been registered for the promo prior to actually making the reservation.

I've already emailed IHG to inquire if the prepaid stay will count.

They have had the book after promo in the past. That's how I knew to look this time... I didn't last time and got burned. To me it's ridiculous that they won't let you book prior to Jan 1 when they actually start the promo on Jan 1. Are we supposed to book the morning of for Jan 1 stays? C'mon IHG - allow people to book at least a week in advance. :rolleyes:

Paulchili Dec 28, 2016 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Saral (Post 27670307)
Stay Once literally means that, so yes you would get #1 and if you paid with your IHG credit card you would get #5

Sorry to keep mentioning that credit card one you just never confirmed you were paying with it

That is what I thought but after checking with IHG rewards agent - who had to check with her supervisor more than once - she felt that the weekend bonus #3 has to be in addition to #1 to count as additional 6K.
That is why I posted here.
Yes - I would be paying with the IHG card.

Saral Dec 28, 2016 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Paulchili (Post 27671932)
That is what I thought but after checking with IHG rewards agent - who had to check with her supervisor more than once - she felt that the weekend bonus #3 has to be in addition to #1 to count as additional 6K.
That is why I posted here.
Yes - I would be paying with the IHG card.

Tasks are defo stackable, can't believe a supervisor would think why the Stay Once task wouldn't count if you stayed on a weekend, my T an C's just say book and stay between 1 Jan to x Apr for the bonus

KevinS Dec 28, 2016 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf (Post 27656793)

Looks like this is an offer I can't refuse. Was aiming 60 nights in Hyatt in 2017 but I might give IHG 5 nights across 3 brands a try.

An example of how promotions are supposed to work then.
Result achieved = $ intended for another brand, going to them.

Particularly given how bad the new Hyatt (WoH) thing is, I may also be focusing on racking up the IHG points this year instead

KevinS Dec 28, 2016 2:10 pm

I've been Hyatt Diamond for quite some time, but also now Spire Elite with IHG.
The delta between their 2 programmes in 2017 is MASSIVE, particularly with the mild 'gamification' for points with IHG
IHG seems hungry for my business, while Hyatt feels pretty unconcerned... easy decision to make where to spend.

I have 15+ nights on the road in Jan17 alone, and likely to focus on IHG with my Accelerate pack:

* 1 night in Jan = 1k pts
* 1 booking = 3k pts
* 5nights = 10k pts
* 1night pts + $ = 3k pts
* 2 booking with corp rate = 2.5k pts
* 1 booking in majour metro = 2.4k pts
* 1 booking using IHG CC = 1.5k pts
* redeem points = 1k pts
* hit 6 of 7 = 16.6k pts

looks like 2 stays totalling 5nights plus a pts&cash stay gives me 41k pts
Easily doable, and with the headsforpoints 2x bonus probably get another 10k pts in earn, and that's with half my planned travel just in Jan17.

Crazyfast Dec 28, 2016 2:15 pm

Mine was pretty straight forward and judging by my travel in Jan, I'll have this all done well before the end of the month.
* 1 night = 5K
* 5 nights = 10k
* 1 night pts +$ = 2K
* Hit 3 of 3 = 23K Bonus
* 1 Jan Night = 1K Bonus

I'll take a 41K bonus for work travel that was already planned.

Shareholder Dec 28, 2016 2:43 pm

Anyone else having problems pulling up their tasks on the Offers section of their accounts page? Since the redesign of the IHG site last week, it's been impossible to check any details of this promotion, and the previous one has vanished completely.

Saral Dec 28, 2016 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder (Post 27673102)
Anyone else having problems pulling up their tasks on the Offers section of their accounts page? Since the redesign of the IHG site last week, it's been impossible to check any details of this promotion, and the previous one has vanished completely.

I can check it under My Offers on a laptop but not on my phone, I figured it might re-appear on 1 Jan

Crazyfast Dec 29, 2016 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder (Post 27673102)

Yes - I had to dig in my email trash to find the tasks. The list isn't available under my offers or anywhere on the IHG site.