Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Hiroshima Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2023, 7:46 am

I'll post my review here for ANA Crowne Plaza Hiroshima and for ANA Crowne Plaza Okayama and speak about the differences since there is no Okayama thread and it might come in handy for someone.

CP Hiroshima:
Service is spectacular, I stayed at Park Hyatt Tokyo and Kyoto, which are supposed to be way more high end and of course those hotels are nicer but the service at CP Hiroshima and CP Okayama were spectacular.
CPH has a great lounge and you can come and grab drinks all day long. Breakfast is served in the lounge. If you use your Diamond benefit, you can have breakfast on the first floor, which has the bigger selection but the lounge was basic but good too.
Decent Diamond recognition, I booked the standard room and got upgraded to a club room on the top floor. It was a standard size room, so fairly tiny, but normal for Japan. After I got the room, it was a no smoking room but it was clearly smoked in. I'm coming with a baby, so I asked for a change, any change. They were fairly sold out, so they gave me a big upgrade to a work life room, it's a huge room. I think 3 times the size of the regular room. I would not expect this upgrade at all and expect a nice upgrade to the club floor for being Diamond. The hotel is a quick walk to the A-bomb dome and all the major tourist attractions, so definitely the place to stay. There's a sushi restaurant right around the corner, you'll see it on googlemaps, try the Ebi, amazing. The lounge doesn't allow kids during cocktail hour from 5:30 to 7:30 or so.

CP Okayama:
It's connected to the train station, so super easy to get to. Easy to go to the garden and the castle by the tram across the street. Lots of restaurants at the train station and it's central for Okayama. I booked the standard room and got a great upgrade to the club floor, all their rooms are on the smaller side and I got the normal room with king size bed on a club floor. The lounge is not a regular lounge, it's more of a bar. You can't come and just grab drinks like in Hiroshima. There's a bar tender and you order drinks from them and you are served, different lounge vibe but I liked it. Breakfast is next to the bar/lounge upstairs and it's a huge spread, so it's not high end things like you would find at an IC, like I was at IC Beppu before these 2 CPs and it's high end at Beppu but it's a large decent spread, lots of variety. Service here was exceptional as usual.

I'm starting to like these ANA CPs, there's a bunch of them all over Japan in smaller cities and the price is really good for what you get. They are not ICs but for what you are paying and what you get, great value and the Diamond recognition is awesome.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 2:42 am
formerly rt23456p

Diamond, booked club twin, got put in work life, will post full reviews later

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.