Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Grand Seoul Parnas (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Question Post Jan. 1 availability?

Is my computer just acting nutty, or is there no availability showing at the IC Parnas after January 1?

Edited to Add: Just saw the post about the upcoming renovations. Interesting!!!
Old Aug 24, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Paella747
Is my computer just acting nutty, or is there no availability showing at the IC Parnas after January 1?

That's correct, I've confirmed with them that they'll be doing an extensive renovation starting January lasting til October 2020.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Paella747

Apparently sold out for DEC 31st NYE and then closed as of JAN 1st 2020.

Too bad, always enjoyed my stays at Grand Parnas and might have to go for the Park Hyatt now $$$.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
Points redemption in 2021 will still be rated at 40K/night for now and hopefully for future
FlyingKansan likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

The room renovations were nicely done. Modern washlet and plugs on both sides of the bed.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:03 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Just wondering if there are any RA that has stayed in IC Grand Seoul Parrnas hotel after renovation. I noticed from the T&C that they do not do upgrade to the following suites:
Club InterContinental Suite, Club Grand Suite, Club Executive Suite, Club Corner Suite, Club Ambassador Suite, Club Presidential Suite
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...tes-exclusions

Given that the rooms available are: (1) Deluxe, (2) Double Bed Deluxe (3) Club Intercontinental Deluxe, (3) Junior Suite (4) Club Intercontinental Junior Suite, (5) Club InterContinental Suite, (6) Club Grand Suite and so on, I am just better off booking a deluxe room as being a RA, at most, I can only be upgraded to Junior Suite room. Is this the current case as booking anything will still give me a Junior Suite room? Thanks for your inputs.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hotel switched from the single use Jo Malones to refillable Byredo bottles for the toiletries now.
HadesNL and boracat like this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Diamond Ambassador welcome drink (prosecco, sadly) in one of the nicest Lobby Lounges in Seoul.
HadesNL and thedlr like this.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Diamond Ambassador welcome drink (prosecco, sadly) in one of the nicest Lobby Lounges in Seoul.
Agreed. Too bad there are no windows.
Were you upgraded as a D Ambassador?
Old Mar 27, 2023, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ducati
Agreed. Too bad there are no windows.
Were you upgraded as a D Ambassador?
Jr Suite is the most they'll give.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 1:30 am

Is there any updated info on this property.

I booked 12 nights this month but using points since it's a family vacation. Hoping to get at least the Jr. Suite as a Diamond Ambassador. I've stayed here years ago before as a Platinum and still got an upgrade the the Jr. Suite. Is the lounge breakfast worth going to or is it better to go get breakfast using the Diamond benefit elsewhere.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moolman

I booked 12 nights this month but using points since it's a family vacation. Hoping to get at least the Jr. Suite as a Diamond Ambassador. I've stayed here years ago before as a Platinum and still got an upgrade the the Jr. Suite. Is the lounge breakfast worth going to or is it better to go get breakfast using the Diamond benefit elsewhere.
The lounge breakfast is very decent and a lot less busier than Grand Kitchen. The buffet can be a pure zoo on weekends.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 3:17 pm

The lounge breakfast is very decent and a lot less busier than Grand Kitchen. The buffet can be a pure zoo on weekends.
Thanks, I'll report back after my stays. I'm doing 2 days at the IC Coex followed by 12 days at IC Parnas.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by moolman

Same here: upgraded to Jr Suite the past three out of four times as a platinum non-ambassador. At the sister property, IC COEX Seoul on the northside, their upgrade as a diamond ambassador is the Temple View, which just faces east as opposed to west. And, even if you book a temple view, they won't upgrade you. They are supposed to compensate you $US50 or 10,000 points, but they won't even do that unless you ask. Also, most of the "temple" is just dirt with a large parking lot in the front (also dirt). In other words, nothing to look at. Strangely enough, both hotels are operated by the same management company. You should have very low expectations at the COEX, which is no better than some Holiday Inns. I will never return to the COEX.

Last edited by Ducati; Apr 4, 2023 at 12:53 am
Old Apr 4, 2023, 12:44 am

Jr Suite is the most they'll give.
Great. Their Jr Suite is actually quite good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.