Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn London Gatwick Airport [LGW] (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2016, 2:31 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
It's the smell of decay but it's not so easy to detect elsewhere because most of the worlds hotels use liberal amounts of "fragrance". Our UKhotels seem to just use the fragrance on the ground floor.
Ive had the same smell in some US/EU properties where they're saving money on the fragrance - and of course building maintenance!
The problem here is IHGs very lax standards, none of the other big brands, HH, Marriott, SPG permits such spectacular decay, so the result is some very poorly maintained old Holiday Inns. They're just something you have to watch out for!
Old May 21, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Stayed here in APRIL. Stay was okay, bit indifferent. Got the Spire Elite 600 points, nothing more. A colleague staying at another airport property joined me for a bar meal.

Despite checking twice with reception and supplying vehicle registration details, my colleague has TODAY received a super-threatening letter DATED MAY 17 from a company called Parking Eye demanding £100 within 14 days accompanied by warnings about imminent court proceedings.

Anyone have experience of this, or them? Obviously I called the hotel (at premium rate call!) where I was told, quite rudely, to call back tomorrow as there is "someone who deals with this."

Incidentally, this hotel has form; in 2015 I stayed here and they kept a list of all elite guests on a clipboard on the reception counter with their full name, account number and email address visible. I complained a got a "meh, sorry."
Old May 23, 2019, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Wouldn't go near the place, completely boycott it.
Old May 23, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
After four more premium-rate phonecalls to the hotel, two unreturned messages and an email, I got the £100 parking fine demand cancelled (bit without an apology or explanation.) I suspect the original parking fee of £16 (!) was never applied to the bill as a courtesy but they forgot to update the parking contractor. Incidentally, the email address for sorting this stuff out is [email protected]

Good grief!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.