Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is $5 service charge NEW ? (US State "Georgia")

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
Is $5 service charge NEW ? (US State "Georgia")

I never noticed this before but was looking at booking rooms for the end of the year program. I see every hotel I start to book now has a $5.00 service charge added to final bill plus the taxes. Is this new or have I been not paying attention to my bills lately
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:11 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by rrohio
I never noticed this before but was looking at booking rooms for the end of the year program. I see every hotel I start to book now has a $5.00 service charge added to final bill plus the taxes. Is this new or have I been not paying attention to my bills lately
I have only booked one hotel a week back. It was in Euro and nothing was added.

HTB.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Which property and where in the booking process does this charge appear? First instinct is an warm weather property wanting to get in on resort fees.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

For Sure NOT ResortS

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
Which property and where in the booking process does this charge appear? First instinct is an warm weather property wanting to get in on resort fees.
I was looking at Georgia properties in Valdosta and Macon so not resort or warm weather get aways. I have stayed in both areas several times and never saw this charge before. It does not show up unless you click on taxes and other charges . I checked because the price with taxes seemed too high for the base rate
Old Aug 31, 2015, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
It is a recent Georgia state tax, $5 per night for transportation. Link.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

THANKS

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
It is a recent Georgia state tax, $5 per night for transportation. Link.
Thanks to Exiled in Express, the link explains it good. I didn't think I was dreaming about this being a new tax

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.