Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bordeaux (France) - pre-opening thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Thumbs up InterContinental Bordeaux (France) - pre-opening thread

InterContinental Hotels Group today announces the signing of InterContinentalŽ Bordeaux - Le Grand Hotel, France.

The hotel will operate under a management agreement with Financičre Immobiličre Bordelaise.
Opening later this year, the hotel will be IHG’s sixth InterContinentalŽ Hotels & Resorts property in France, cementing its position as the largest luxury hotel brand in Europe. InterContinental Bordeaux - Le Grand will join InterContinentalŽ Paris - Le Grand, InterContinentalŽ Paris - Avenue Marceau, InterContinentalŽ Marseille - Hotel Dieu, InterContinentalŽ Carlton Cannes, and most recently InterContinentalŽ Lyon - Hotel Dieu.

The hotel occupies a prime location on Place de la Comédie, Bordeaux’s central square. The hotel is surrounded by the finest shops and restaurants in the heart of Bordeaux, a city that was recently voted Europe’s top destination to visit for 2015 by European Best Destinations.

The historic 130-room property, which dates back to 1776, will be converted from the current Grand Hôtel de Bordeaux & Spa over the coming months.

The hotel’s food and beverage offering will be overseen by the Gordon Ramsay Group as it makes its first foray into Bordeaux and will include the fine dining restaurant - Le Pressoir D’Argent, serving only the finest seasonal ingredients from the terroir of Bordeaux, along with expertly matched wines from the region.

In addition, seven meeting rooms, an indoor pool (the Bain de Léa) as well as fitness, spa and hammam facilities will be available. Offering a range of luxurious rooms and suites, the hotel is well equipped to meet the needs of both business and leisure guests travelling to the city.

http://www.incentivetravel.co.uk/new...le-grand-hotel
Old Jul 26, 2015, 5:04 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Great! And I had missed Lyon too.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:11 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Great! I stayed at the Grand Hôtel de Bordeaux a few years ago. I would clearly rate it among the best hotels I have ever stayed in. It is indeed in a prime location, the restaurant was fantastic and the rooms unbelievable. I hope that they will still give Valrhona chocolates for the turndown service.
It is a great fit for IC to take over such a hotel. Looking forward staying there, although it will for sure not be a bargain...
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/...w-hotels/bodha
Old Aug 6, 2015, 12:41 pm

Bookable beginning December 1

IHG has made the property bookable beginning December 1...standard award nights are 35,000 per night....
Old Aug 6, 2015, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I'm trying to imagine a property in an Anglophone nation called Hotel God!
Old Aug 7, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by cabbate1
IHG has made the property bookable beginning December 1...standard award nights are 35,000 per night....
Sounds a good deal

That could be a lower introductory award rate which will increase nearer the opening day or if too many award nights get booked so book early as you can always cancel later
Old Aug 7, 2015, 9:33 am

Yep...I went ahead and booked for the biannual Bordeaux Wine Festival June 23rd to 26th...considering the hotel's location two blocks from the festival and that standard rooms are 390 euros per night, I'll happily jump in at 35,000 points per night.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Yep...I went ahead and booked for the biannual Bordeaux Wine Festival June 23rd to 26th...considering the hotel's location two blocks from the festival and that standard rooms are 390 euros per night, I'll happily jump in at 35,000 points per night.
did same, booked 25-26 of June
Old Aug 11, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Why they would give the restaurants to Ramsay's group is beyond me though. Plenty of talented and high-profile French chefs that could do the job.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 3:01 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Seems like they have postponed the opening date to 2 JAN 2016.

I booked two rooms 5 weeks ago at 35K each. No more rooms were available for that same date at reward rate. I kept checking regularly and today was able to book a third room, but the rate is 40K now. I checked some other dates as well but it is now 40K across the board.

Last edited by DuMaInSin; Oct 18, 2015 at 3:47 am
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:05 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

The thread was spilt into the part covering the pre-opening discussion and the part after it opened.

The new thread could be found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...er-thread.html

FLYGVA
moderator IHG Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.