Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
List of properties that have (or have not) recognised Spire. AND Provided Spire 'Specific' Benefit.

I suggest listing country, brand, property, how you were recognised (Club/not at all etc) and the month you stayed that way if anyone stays after that date we can have an update on whether things have changed.

Or if anyone can think of a better solution feel free to change it.

INDIA
CP JAIPUR - Suite upgrade, club access, happy hour with free snacks, Spire Elite label placed on your table for better treatment - Sep 2016

INDONESIA
IC Bali - local gift at check-in, room upgrade, free breakfast - Jan 2016

JAPAN

IC Tokyo Bay, not recognised at all, August 2015

NETHERLANDS
CP Amsterdam South - Spires Amenity choice now 'Lounge/Drink/600pts' on both paid+Award nights.
(On paid nights at checkin likely to be offered Junior Suite upgrade too if room is free, but not offered on awards.)

UNITED KINGDOM

CP London Heathrow. Free breakfast only. Offered discounted cash payment of 24 GBP pp for lounge access June 2016
Indigo Paddington, no recognisition. September 2015 (this hotel now gives good upgrades to Spire even when checking in late)
Indigo Kensington/Earls Court - apparently recognised. Got nothing not even Welcome Amenity, October 2015
HI Haydock M6 - J23, recognised as club. September 2015
HI London Gatwick Worth, Recognised as Club, September 2015
HI Express Birmingham NEC recognised as "basic member" August 2015
HIX Birmingham Star City, no recognition or amenity - January 2016
HIX Hamilton, recognised as club Aug 2015, recog. Spire Aug 2016
HI Birmingham M6, recognised as club Sept 2015 & Oct 2015, recognised as Spire January 2016
HIX Leigh Sports Village, recognised as club Sept 2015
HI Portsmouth, recognised as Club 22/October/2015
HI Leeds - Wakefield, recognised as club 19th December 2015
HI Luton Airport Recognised as Club 18th March 2016
HI Norwich Airport Me Recognised as Platinum June 3rd 2016
HI Norwich Airport MrsB Recognisd as Club June 3rd 2016.

USA

HI Express, Chicago, IL, recognized at Platinum (not Spire), October/2015. No benefits

THAILAND

HI Pattaya, Thailand, recognized at Platinum (not Spire), November/2105. August 2016, recognized as Spire, upgrade to Ocean View Suite but no benefits

CHINA

CP Guangzhou Haidu letter recognising as a Spire but no benefits additional to Golds. No room upgrade
CP Qingdao No letter, no recognition nothing
Print Wikipost

Discussion about new top tier: Spire

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Spire is the new Platinum

Originally Posted by 110pgl
I cannot think of any reason why they could not have rolled out all the new benefits January 1.
The beneficiaries are the hotels. They have simply reduced the number of members qualifying for benefits.

Effectively several hotels have removed benefits previously available to Platinum and now give only to Spire. Mostly CP's from reports.

Several of the HI's I use are now giving less as Spire then I used to get as Platinum!!
Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by submonte
IHG announced January 2016 as far as I remember for further benefits.

See the also the first posts of this thread, e.g. #6, some of us here wondering "what else will be announced to come in January..."
Yes funnily enough I came to this thread thinking "I'm sure they said more to come in January 2016" but now I look I can't actually find any proof of that...
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by hcuk94
Yes funnily enough I came to this thread thinking "I'm sure they said more to come in January 2016" but now I look I can't actually find any proof of that...
Given that the post with the release date was amended very quietly at a later date this does not surprise me.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
See this:

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/glob...&icdv=99634975

Even More to Come

New benefits, bigger rewards and an enhanced in-hotel experience will continue to be rolled out beginning in 2016.

Before the link disappears maybe someone can make a screenshot and post it here for eternity.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by submonte
See this:

Even More to Come

New benefits, bigger rewards and an enhanced in-hotel experience will continue to be rolled out beginning in 2016.

Before the link disappears maybe someone can make a screenshot and post it here for eternity.
There you go (I think!).

Beginning in 2016 though is very vague which is so IHG.

New benefits - I suppose we can assume the increase in points and cash is one.

Bigger rewards????

Enhanced in-house experience - A pillow menu and room preference option did appear in my booking on the app about five months ago (HI Bloomsbury) but there hasn't been anything anywhere else since. Which reminds me I received a questionnaire asking my thoughts on it afterwards and the 1,000 points for completing it have never arrived, I must chase that one up.
Attached Images  

Last edited by chrism20; Jan 8, 2016 at 1:07 pm
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Please remove revenue link and give a clear link like:
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/glob...ember-benefits
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:35 pm

Well, this is IHG, isn't it ?!

Originally Posted by chrism20
There you go (I think!).

Beginning in 2016 though is very vague which is so IHG.

New benefits - I suppose we can assume the increase in points and cash is one.

Bigger rewards????

Enhanced in-house experience - A pillow menu and room preference option did appear in my booking on the app about five months ago (HI Bloomsbury) but there hasn't been anything anywhere else since. Which reminds me I received a questionnaire asking my thoughts on it afterwards and the 1,000 points for completing it have never arrived, I must chase that one up.
Indeed IHG changed the text a few times ... First, they announced January, then at the beginning of 2016, nor "beginning in 2016" which could mean 31.12.2016 ... Well, I will remain a member simply as long as it suites me.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by Safiye2015
Indeed IHG changed the text a few times ... First, they announced January, then at the beginning of 2016, nor "beginning in 2016" which could mean 31.12.2016 ... Well, I will remain a member simply as long as it suites me.
Don't you mean as long as they suite me
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA Premium 1K, AA EXP, Starwood G, Hyatt D
Just received my Spire card today with a letter saying:

"More to Come! Soon we will roll out a new level of personalized service to our Spite Elite members. We can't wait to show you our appreciation and make your stay in one of the IHG's 4900 hotels in nearly 100 countries feel just a little more like at home."

Wait to See.....?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Hyatt Globalist
I have to say I'm extremely disappointed with Spire so far (non-InterContinental hotels). E-mails back and forth with the Director of Rooms for HI Golden Mile Hong Kong and they will NOT allow me to access the club lounge and will only give a 1 level upgrade (deluxe to premiere). Isn't this what a Platinum would get?

Regardless I've canceled a plan stay there (trying to w/o penalty) and will be staying at an IC where as an RA the benefits are pretty good.

E-mailed IHG Customer Care and they simply respond with the T&Cs saying the hotel is correct.

I really hope they fix this soon... wish Hilton had more hotels in the locations I visit in Asia...
Old Jan 10, 2016, 2:14 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Plat status was not worth the card it was printed on. Spire is not worth the postage to send off the cards. I do not know on what planet they live in. The only thing they have going is the pts on stays and 4pm cancellation on awards. This is good - nothing else works in IHG's world. I was RA for several years - I can see it can work for some but it's not for my travel budget.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 2:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kaix
I have to say I'm extremely disappointed with Spire so far (non-InterContinental hotels). E-mails back and forth with the Director of Rooms for HI Golden Mile Hong Kong and they will NOT allow me to access the club lounge and will only give a 1 level upgrade (deluxe to premiere). Isn't this what a Platinum would get?

Regardless I've canceled a plan stay there (trying to w/o penalty) and will be staying at an IC where as an RA the benefits are pretty good.

E-mailed IHG Customer Care and they simply respond with the T&Cs saying the hotel is correct.

I really hope they fix this soon... wish Hilton had more hotels in the locations I visit in Asia...
Interesting, I'm RA and received upgrade from deluxe to an executive suite plus club last time. I've never e-mailed. I'm a pretty regular stayer though (2-3 stays/year). Normal upgrade is to premier.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 3:00 am

A data point: had couple of nights in New York before christmas. Two Indigos, 1st one in Chelsea: upgrade from cheapest room to top floor junior suite. 2nd one in Brooklyn, upgrade from cheapest room to top floor two bedroom suite with a roof window. I thought both were pretty decent upgrades for Spire. The suite was not even available online when I checked before. Pretty sure the occupancy rates were pretty low just before Xmas.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by wobbly wings
Plat status was not worth the card it was printed on. Spire is not worth the postage to send off the cards. I do not know on what planet they live in. The only thing they have going is the pts on stays and 4pm cancellation on awards. This is good - nothing else works in IHG's world. I was RA for several years - I can see it can work for some but it's not for my travel budget.
I'll be the first to admit Spire seems underwhelming, but it isn't an entire write off. If you're spending $5k a year at IHG hotels then Spire is getting you ~75-80k more points a year (between 100% bonus and 25k gift). The room upgrade is also of limited value.

It's just that in most schemes 75 nights / $7500 spend gets you massively more.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: CHASE UNITED CLUB; CITI PRESTIGE; IHG SPIRE AMBASSADOR; RITZ-CARLTON GOLD; Global Entry
FREE breakfast in HI WALL st?

I AM IN this HI Wall st purely for promotion, as it is only 4 miles away from my home. The frontdesk girl claimed she alreay gave me the largest room. AND there is no lounge in this HI. FIRST, she said NO to free breakfast. BUT at the end, she suddenly said free breakfast for a SPIRE. I have no idea what went on. I just had their free breakfast, english breakfast. Not bad. It cost me $3 tipping. AGAIN, I don't know if this is a new benefit. Do we have to tip for a free breakfast in HI resturant?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.