Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Earn Double for Your Travels" (Targeted?)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
"Earn Double for Your Travels" (Targeted?)

Just received this email. FWIW, I am Plat Elite:

Have you ever put on an old pair of jeans and found money in the pocket? Now imagine doing that with points.

Stay at any IHG property between July 15- August 15 and you’ll find double points in your account—just because you’re awesome. Since you’re already registered for Share Forever, all that’s left to do is book. And you’ll also get your rewards to share. Not too shabby, right?

More to earn. More to share. This summer is pretty sweet.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I got that, too. Must be linked to one's Share Forever registration, although the email said I have 0 qualifying nights, when the counter says 8.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:22 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.3; en-gb; GT-I9300 Build/JSS15J) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Another US only promotion? Come on IHG, us Europeans are feeling unloved! :-)
Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: Delta PM, IHG Spire
Got it.

It also said I have 0 qualifying nights, although I have 1.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by ag51
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.3; en-gb; GT-I9300 Build/JSS15J) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Another US only promotion? Come on IHG, us Europeans are feeling unloved! :-)
Was just thinking the same thing, obviously they think we don't need it lol.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador
I'm in the US and registered for Share Forever, and I did not get that email (although it could be on it's way, I know with mass emails it sometimes takes a while to get to everyone).

If not based on those two factors, I wonder what it is based on?

Did everyone who got it have plat status? It could be a plat-only offer I guess.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: QR Plat / IHG Plat / HHonors Silver
Overlapping Stay

I've also received the promotion. I have an upcoming stay at a Hotel Indigo from July 12th - 16th. Will that stay count for the promotion?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by ThatOneGayRavenclaw
I'm in the US and registered for Share Forever, and I did not get that email (although it could be on it's way, I know with mass emails it sometimes takes a while to get to everyone).

If not based on those two factors, I wonder what it is based on?

Did everyone who got it have plat status? It could be a plat-only offer I guess.
Yes, I have Platinum status. Perhaps the emails are sent on a staggered basis.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:10 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I am Plat Ambassador, registered for the Share promo, and have completed 23/30 nights required to receive all 78,000pts and have not received that email.

I also have 90,000 EQPs and 50 nights this year.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I got the same offer this morning. As others have noted, the activity counter in the message seems out of date; it shows me at zero nights for the Share Forever promotion.

I appreciate that IHG is running this additional promotion. With HH also offering summer bonuses it's all the more surprising that MR believes it needs offer nothing.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1
I am Plat Ambassador, registered for the Share promo, and have completed 23/30 nights required to receive all 78,000pts and have not received that email.

I have 34/54 complete for Share Forever and 89 nights total this year. The only email for promos (aside from the main ones) I've ever gotten is for a weekend bonus. I don't get targeted promotions likely because I already stay a lot and am not expecting to get this one either.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1

I have 34/54 complete for Share Forever and 89 nights total this year. The only email for promos (aside from the main ones) I've ever gotten is for a weekend bonus. I don't get targeted promotions likely because I already stay a lot and am not expecting to get this one either.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IHG Spire
Just got a 2nd one, with a corrected nights stayed counter...
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I got the same offer this morning. As others have noted, the activity counter in the message seems out of date; it shows me at zero nights for the Share Forever promotion.
Just a few hours after I posted this I got another email from IHG, with the subject line "2 Words: Double points (and your correct goal progress!)". It's as if IHG reads this forum and can fix things quickly now. ^
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought this was offered to everyone but I guess not. I have only 2 paid nights so far this year (but platinum by credit card). I got it. I just want to make sure it does not conflict with ShareForever before I sign up...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.