Wiki Posts
Search

Best use of points for trip to NYC and HNL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Spire
Best use of points for trip to NYC and HNL

With the help of everyone in the BA mileage run thread, I'm going to Hawaii in July, with 1 night in New York.

I have 300,000 IHG rewards points and 120,000 HHonors points.

I'm looking for suggestions for the best use of these, to stay in nice places and to get good value.

I need the following:_

22nd July
1 Night in New York. I currently have a reservation at the Intercontinental Times Square for 50K points.

23rd-26th July
I need 4 nights in Honolulu, or maybe 3 in Honolulu and 1 in Maui depending on recommendations.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Only 1 IHG property in HNL, that's a HI.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
advice needed

I used my into the nights voucher for IC TS. The rest of the nights during my 7 day NY trip I have pay and as the prices are astronomical, I would request tips for a decently priced (cash+points) deals.

Using cash+points (10,000 Points + $70.00 USD) for reward nights is a very good way to save hundreds of dollars, but could you please provide tips.

for example; Holiday Inn : Secaucus Meadowlands offers a reward night for 10,000 Points + $70.00 USD combo, while the advance purchase rate is $ 290.95 (with taxes), am I missing something?

IHG's site shows the final price of a cash+point to be 70 USD but will the taxes be added at check-out or is the price tax inclusive?

Thank you in advance!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I used my 2 ITN promo nights and additional 4 nights on 35k points for a NYC holiday at SBS Times Square. IC was too pricy on my points given the very mixed reviews here (without AMB/RA). I did pretty thorough review of all properties on multiple review sites and I landed on SBS as best value for me (points vs cash vs overall value). Cash were at 350$ night, IC 400-500$

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.