Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 25, 2014, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Set Your Sights promo 2015

Promo website: https://setyoursights.ihg.com

Promo Terms and Conditions: https://setyoursights.ihg.com/amer/us/en/terms/index

Dates: 1 January 2015 and 30 April 2015 (both dates inclusive)

FAQ:

What stays and nights qualify?

Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" or "night" towards my offers?
A. No.

Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my offers?
A. No.

Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

Offer-specific Questions:

Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
A. No
Print Wikipost

Next Big IHG Promo for Q1 2015 - 50K Pts or More

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:21 am

I successfully completed both Big Wins and Into the Nights. I'll probably only be able to complete the 3 small ones here. Womp.

Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta SM, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis First
Originally Posted by JohnK
* Go Places with the IHG App

Earn 3,200 bonus points when you download, sign in and book 4 stay(s) with the IHG App. The IHG App allows you to get mobile-exclusive rates, access your virtual membership card and more.

* Book Directly with IHG

Book 4 stays directly through IHG and earn 2,600 bonus points. From our website to your mobile device, book with us for the best rate. Terms

I am guessing the 4 stays required to be booked with IHG app also count as the 4 stays to be booked directly with IHG?
I asked this same question earlier, would be good to know for sure. The terms just say website, and so the app may or may not apply. Unfortunately, when I go to the terms of the 'directly through IHG' it says to check www.ihgrewardsclub.com/websites for the list of sites which just redirects back to the home page.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Sure seems as though four app stays would cover both requirements to me!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:12 pm

I had a great promo "Into the night" that only requires 2 Sat. HIX stays and app of Chase card for the 2 free nights.
In this new promo, I will have to do 10 stays + many others to earn 50k pts. Pass, please.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:44 pm

.......& the loyal IHG platinum members who spend a fortune year on year need to try to complete totally unacceptable tasks for their 50k points.

I really do hope many loyal IHG members jump ship in 2015.

Personally ive had enough of paying over the odds at IHG hotels on business trips to earn points.......then to have a totally shambolic ITN promo....& now to have the new promo that is worthless to me personally as only 1 of the tasks can realistically be achieved.

Time for me to jump ship in 2015 & try another hotel promo scheme

Last edited by joey1963; Dec 17, 2014 at 3:04 am
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This promo is basically "stay more than you were staying before and get some bonus pts". So the more you were staying before, the harder it is to stay more.

Personally I think that this is stupid. 50k pts aren't worth that much. For people who are already staying 120 nights per year they should just send them an email saying "thanks for being a loyal customer; here's 50k bonus pts" with no requirements.

50k pts is one free night at a really nice hotel. This is nothing to give to a customer who literally spends 1/3 of their life sleeping at your hotels. I understand that the point of the promo is to get people to stay a little more than they already are, but at some point they should just cut it off and say "you're staying enough, no need to stay more".
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:23 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I can't even register for this (which I might actually have a fair chance of getting something - for a change). "Server not found"
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:41 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JohnK
I cheated. I couldn't wait so used free-proxyserver.com and signed up.
I received an email this morning with my offers, and a "register" button that just takes me to oblivion. Anyhoo, according to the email my offers are:

10,800 - Stay More, Earn More (11 nights required)
8,000 - Book 2 stays with IHG App
2,400 - Saturday Stays bonus - Stay a Saturday with one other night (3 times)
9,00 - Eat Drink and Earn ($210 USD)
6,000 - Stay for less and earn (book point and earn 3 times)
4,000 - For one 4 night stay
2,000 - Business Success - 1 stay on business success rate

34,000 - Finish all the above

Total 68,100

Chance of me completing this: 0
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Sure seems as though four app stays would cover both requirements to me!
That was my impression as well.

The 3 country requirement outside country of residence is an interesting obstacle.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by joey1963
.......& the loyal IHG platinum members who spend a fortune year on year need to try to complete totally unacceptable tasks for their 50k points.

I really do hope many loyal IHG members jump ship in 2015.

Personally ive had enough of paying over the odds at IHG hotels on business trips to earn points.......then to have a totally shambolic ITN promo....& now to have the new promo that is worthless to me personally as only 1 of the tasks can realistically be achieved.

Time for me to jump ship in 2015 & try another hotel promo scheme
I think this is a big problem. IHG has just given 2 and even 3 nights free out to people with no loyalty, like candy, with the ITN, and now they are following this up by handing out 50k+ points like candy again. My brother-in-law signed up for these promos and he stays about 3-5 nights a year at IHG. He now has 2 free nights and will get 50k points shortly, for having stayed 5-7 nights total. He plans on redeeming them at IC in Bora Bora.

For those loyal IHG members that earn their points the hard way, next year I think there is going to be a substantial reduction in the amount of award nights available at hotels, especially the higher-end ones, as all these freebies given to nobodies will be using them there, trying to maximize the value of their windfall. Having spent well over 100 nights a year at IHG, with a substantial amount in $$$ IC hotels, this does not sit well with me.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:40 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

(deleted - duplicate)
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:41 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whimike
....... a substantial reduction in the amount of award nights available at hotels, especially the higher-end ones, as all these freebies given to nobodies will be using them there, trying to maximize the value of their windfall. Having spent well over 100 nights a year at IHG, with a substantial amount in $$$ IC hotels, this does not sit well with me.
Sorry, but I'm obviously a "nobody" around here and using my own money for accommodation. I'd love to stay in ICs but HIXs will have to do. I'll gladly redeem my points for award stays - and have done for quite a few years now.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:52 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by og
Sorry, but I'm obviously a "nobody" around here and using my own money for accommodation. I'd love to stay in ICs but HIXs will have to do. I'll gladly redeem my points for award stays - and have done for quite a few years now.
By "nobodies" I am not talking about those staying in HIX vs IC, I am talking about people that don't stay with IHG at all (or just a few nights a year), but signed up for these promos and are given 2-3 free nights and 50k points for completing a few stays at cheap $50 hotels.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Need clarification from IHG rep

I also got the Apply for IHG CC offer. The terms state:

This Offer will only be awarded on IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card applications submitted through “Set Your Sights” promotional site.

However, the Set Your Sights promo site links to a 60K offer, while the main IHG site links to the standard 80K offer.

Can someone (from IHG) confirm that we'll get the promo bonus by applying from the link on IHG's home page, which leads to:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ihg/ihgsaml80
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by eethan
I also got the Apply for IHG CC offer. The terms state:

This Offer will only be awarded on IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card applications submitted through “Set Your Sights” promotional site.

However, the Set Your Sights promo site links to a 60K offer, while the main IHG site links to the standard 80K offer.

Can someone (from IHG) confirm that we'll get the promo bonus by applying from the link on IHG's home page, which leads to:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ihg/ihgsaml80

Ouch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.