Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Indigo Paris Opera (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:36 am

For what it's worth, they might open up award availability at the last minute. I was able to completely shift my dates around three weeks before our trip.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:21 am

I was 'fortunate' to be able to book two last minute award nights last November, only 2 days after the attack. We actually were flying out of LAX only a few hours after the shootings, and we spent the first two nights in the Park Hyatt Vendome. Our original plan was to head to Paris Disney the following day, but the park was closed for the entire weekend, forcing us spend an extra 2 days in Paris. Given the prohibitive cost of extending the Vendome stay, I decided to use my IHG points and 1 free CC night instead. I originally considered the IC, but I am only a despicable lowly Platinum with IHG, so I hoped for better luck at the Indigo. I also appreciate the modernity of Indigo brand over the stuffiness and pomp of the IC brands.

Overall, I would say that the hotel definitely had the boutique vibe that the Indigo brand is going for (as much as a large chain hotel could be expected to have). The size of hotel is fairly intimate, and it located in a very picturesque area close to the Opera and related shopping. The rooms were fairly spacious for this part of Paris, and the wall covering designs actually provided an interesting contrast to the usual boring hotel decorations. I would definitely stay here again on points, but I would be reluctant to pay IC prices for a room. Despite downgrading from one of the top hotels in Paris, I did not feel like I my stay at the Indigo was in any way lacking. I think I got a slight upgrade in category, but I was also on the top floor with a nice balcony.

The Indigo line provide a welcome breath of fresh air into the IHG portfolio. It lags behind Andaz and the W in overall luxury and perks, but typically at a friendlier price point.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Not one award night available at this stay for the next 6 months. This hotel is clearly playing games with award nights. IHG shouldn't allow this. Would it be better to complain to IHG or direct to the hotel?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: IHG
Just tried a random date (8-9 September) and it's bookable on award nights.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by turner32
Just tried a random date (8-9 September) and it's bookable on award nights.
Interesting. Something is wrong with their search function. I see ALL of September and October as greyed out and unavailable

Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
That calendar function is quite unreliable at times. Go and plug in desired dates one by one (1 night at a time). YMMV
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Any recent stays? Have a room booked for later this month using a Chase free night certificate; the IC had no availability and it seems like a good use.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 7:46 pm

Thought I'd update the thread with a quick review:

Just did a 4-night stay here: 2 reward certs + 2 nights at 37k points each. (hotel was priced at 37k/night for the dates I stayed. Intercontinental was priced way higher, 60k+ so I wouldn't have been able to use the certificates.)

COVID-19 hygiene protocols
  • hand sanitizer bottles everywhere
  • every employee I saw wore a mask (properly)
  • Bar and restaurant are semi-open. They told me you could order drinks or food from the front desk, and they'd either bring it to you outside on their small patio or to your room. This was a little unclear to me, and I generally don't enjoy paying hotel prices for food and drinks, so I didn't order anything.
  • Gym is open, but you have to schedule a time with the front desk.
  • Mask and personal hand sanitizer in room
Front Desk
  • Super-friendly, English-friendly, and they seemed genuinely happy that France opened up and starting to see Americans trickle in.
  • I didn't have to ask them to combine the 3 reservations I made; they did that ahead of my arrival.
  • The hotel was relatively empty while I was there. In fact, the front desk person knew it was me. . .VIP by attrition, I suppose.
  • Platinum status from my IHG card: it looks like they upgraded me to a Queen bed with sofabed room overlooking the pedestrian street they're on. I didn't ask, but I'm pretty sure that's the limit of the room upgrade type.
  • Forgot my silly adapter for my chargers. They didn't have the converter/adapter, but they gave me a native USB charger to use.
Gym
  • pretty small. . .a very complex-looking weight machine which I gave up on trying to figure out, 2 treadmills, a bench, some slightly beat-up floor mats, and dumbbells that only go up to 10kg. I cannot for the life of me remember if there was a bike.
  • small restroom in there too as well as a water machine which was not functional. Front desk actually left a cold bottle of water in the gym for me before I arrived. (much appreciated)
Room (Superior Oversized 1 Queen W Sofabed)
  • decent space for 2. . .maybe not 3 (if you plan on using that sofa bed for a 3rd person)
  • Nespresso machine and kettle: both are refilled with tap water by housekeeping
  • Iron, ironing board, and safe are in the closet
  • Room fridge was empty. I'm not sure if that is a COVID thing.
  • Water bottle was replenished daily.
  • Shower only, so if you're looking for a bathtub, this room is not for you.
  • Also, no desk. . .there was a small circular table with an arm chair, but I would not want to do any work there
Miscellaneous
  • not really much of a social scene in the immediate vicinity. There is a restaurant next door that is lively, but it seemed. . .overpriced.
  • the pedestrian street it's on was quiet. (maybe it was louder pre-COVID.)
  • Platinum amenities: room upgrade (mentioned before), one somewhat sad piece of chocolate, and 600 IHG points for each of my reservations (so 1800 total).
  • WiFi was around 60mbps for my stay.
This was not my first time in Paris, so I would recommend this for the 1st time visitor who wants to see all the major sites. Great location for getting to metro lines or RER, and the hotel staff is super helpful and friendly.
ARR72 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by flyernok
Thought I'd update the thread with a quick review:

Just did a 4-night stay here: 2 reward certs + 2 nights at 37k points each. (hotel was priced at 37k/night for the dates I stayed. Intercontinental was priced way higher, 60k+ so I wouldn't have been able to use the certificates.)

COVID-19 hygiene protocols
  • hand sanitizer bottles everywhere
  • every employee I saw wore a mask (properly)
  • Bar and restaurant are semi-open. They told me you could order drinks or food from the front desk, and they'd either bring it to you outside on their small patio or to your room. This was a little unclear to me, and I generally don't enjoy paying hotel prices for food and drinks, so I didn't order anything.
  • Gym is open, but you have to schedule a time with the front desk.
  • Mask and personal hand sanitizer in room
Front Desk
  • Super-friendly, English-friendly, and they seemed genuinely happy that France opened up and starting to see Americans trickle in.
  • I didn't have to ask them to combine the 3 reservations I made; they did that ahead of my arrival.
  • The hotel was relatively empty while I was there. In fact, the front desk person knew it was me. . .VIP by attrition, I suppose.
  • Platinum status from my IHG card: it looks like they upgraded me to a Queen bed with sofabed room overlooking the pedestrian street they're on. I didn't ask, but I'm pretty sure that's the limit of the room upgrade type.
  • Forgot my silly adapter for my chargers. They didn't have the converter/adapter, but they gave me a native USB charger to use.
Gym
  • pretty small. . .a very complex-looking weight machine which I gave up on trying to figure out, 2 treadmills, a bench, some slightly beat-up floor mats, and dumbbells that only go up to 10kg. I cannot for the life of me remember if there was a bike.
  • small restroom in there too as well as a water machine which was not functional. Front desk actually left a cold bottle of water in the gym for me before I arrived. (much appreciated)
Room (Superior Oversized 1 Queen W Sofabed)
  • decent space for 2. . .maybe not 3 (if you plan on using that sofa bed for a 3rd person)
  • Nespresso machine and kettle: both are refilled with tap water by housekeeping
  • Iron, ironing board, and safe are in the closet
  • Room fridge was empty. I'm not sure if that is a COVID thing.
  • Water bottle was replenished daily.
  • Shower only, so if you're looking for a bathtub, this room is not for you.
  • Also, no desk. . .there was a small circular table with an arm chair, but I would not want to do any work there
Miscellaneous
  • not really much of a social scene in the immediate vicinity. There is a restaurant next door that is lively, but it seemed. . .overpriced.
  • the pedestrian street it's on was quiet. (maybe it was louder pre-COVID.)
  • Platinum amenities: room upgrade (mentioned before), one somewhat sad piece of chocolate, and 600 IHG points for each of my reservations (so 1800 total).
  • WiFi was around 60mbps for my stay.
This was not my first time in Paris, so I would recommend this for the 1st time visitor who wants to see all the major sites. Great location for getting to metro lines or RER, and the hotel staff is super helpful and friendly.
Thank you so much, this was so helpful and extremely thorough. I will have a one week stay here in August, so I appreciate the insight.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 9:29 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by flyernok
Platinum status from my IHG card: it looks like they upgraded me to a Queen bed with sofabed room overlooking the pedestrian street they're on. I didn't ask, but I'm pretty sure that's the limit of the room upgrade type.
There are no fancy views to be had here, but they do have some larger rooms and bi-level suites on the top floor, which I've occasionally received as upgrade. I would agree that the staff are friendly, but the service has at times been quite incopmetent. That said, this hotel really does well under the current dynamic award pricing scheme -- it was at 45-50-55k for years (often just a few points less than the IC), and now often sees dramatically lower redemption rates than before.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 3:13 am

My new go to in Paris!

Upgraded pre-arrival on an award stay to a duplex suite (spire). Suite is fantastic and it's the best I've slept the entire trip. A dark, quiet bedroom. As others have noted, not a huge social scene at night but you can walk five minutes north to a busy area or east to the Opera House area. The Seine is under 20 minutes.

Tons of space and storage for Paris. I never looked up the cash rate, but I could easily see this room priced at Euro 500+ for Paris. Large mini fridge. Large counter tops for your items. Privacy door between the front door and main suite to block out all noise. Great window soundproofing. Windows fully open for fresh air.

Overall, very pleased.

One word of caution, the shower floods the bathroom floor so watch out.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward
My new go to in Paris!

Upgraded pre-arrival on an award stay to a duplex suite (spire). Suite is fantastic and it's the best I've slept the entire trip. A dark, quiet bedroom. As others have noted, not a huge social scene at night but you can walk five minutes north to a busy area or east to the Opera House area. The Seine is under 20 minutes.

Tons of space and storage for Paris. I never looked up the cash rate, but I could easily see this room priced at Euro 500+ for Paris. Large mini fridge. Large counter tops for your items. Privacy door between the front door and main suite to block out all noise. Great window soundproofing. Windows fully open for fresh air.

Overall, very pleased.

One word of caution, the shower floods the bathroom floor so watch out.
Thanks for the detailed review - may I ask how long your stay was? I’m also Spire & have a reservation booked in August. Hoping for a good stay as well!
Old Jul 10, 2021, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by ARR72
Thanks for the detailed review - may I ask how long your stay was? I’m also Spire & have a reservation booked in August. Hoping for a good stay as well!
Booked a 4 night award with 4th night free + 10% points return. Don't recall how many points per night but it was rather low.

Honestly these days the only IHG brands that do it for me are Kimptons and Indigos. Haven't had an exceptional IC stay in quite some time

Feel free to ask any other questions.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 2:17 am

If you need a corona antigen test for travel, go to pharmacie caumartin. Three minute walk, test done in 10 minutes, 29 euro. Super safe and easy. I went to a different pharmacy recommended by the hotel an walked out because it was not sanitary.
ARR72 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward
If you need a corona antigen test for travel, go to pharmacie caumartin. Three minute walk, test done in 10 minutes, 29 euro. Super safe and easy. I went to a different pharmacy recommended by the hotel an walked out because it was not sanitary.
excellent - thank you. I’ve made a note of this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.