Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Indigo Wireless Road Bangkok [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by oneeye4u76
Can anyone else confirm that PLT/Spire members receive an 800 baht per person per day F&B voucher and how giving is the hotel with upgrades on award stays? I'll ask the question again how does this property stack up with the CP? The Indigo looks much nicer but I imagine the CP to be a bit more giving and finally is the area around the Indigo as sterile as it looks?
Wife and I just finished up a stay over new years.

As a Spire Elite we receive an upgraded room (Corner Room) looking over the Ambassador's garden and Plaza Athene pool.

And the 1600Bht credit 800/per person per day was a nice touch.

water pressure and temperature fluctuate quite a bit but we were on a top floor.

We would stay again.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:17 pm

Can the 800THB/person credit be used against breakfast charge?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Can the 800THB/person credit be used against breakfast charge?
Yes,

the F&B credit can be used for any outlet that serves food including adult beverages in the Bar. Also covers room service.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:54 pm

Programs: Spire, Hilton D, Accor P, SPG Plat, Radisson G, Shangri-La Diamond, Hertz PC, AY Lumo
No longer 800 thb fb benefit 2016

Indigo Bangkok does not offer 800 thb fb benefit any more. Spire benefit was late checkout 4pm and one drink voucher. Upgrade was not available. Got plenty of smiles though and service was good.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by finflyer
Indigo Bangkok does not offer 800 thb fb benefit any more. Spire benefit was late checkout 4pm and one drink voucher. Upgrade was not available. Got plenty of smiles though and service was good.
Not good.

Do they now offer a free Breakfast?

If not, wife and I will be staying elsewhere, crown plaza I guess.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 12:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Conrad

With a status match you get lounge and Conrad is usually cheaper!!!

Another hotel where the new Spire benefits are not even equivalent to the old Platinum!

Why people equate Asian smiles in Bangkok and The Philippines with real service eludes me. LOL
Old Jan 17, 2016, 2:48 am

Programs: Spire, Hilton D, Accor P, SPG Plat, Radisson G, Shangri-La Diamond, Hertz PC, AY Lumo
Originally Posted by rebadc
Not good.

Do they now offer a free Breakfast?

Got free breakfast but only after asking and pointing out not being upgraded either. As it is - no breakfast for free.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 4:13 am

Got free breakfast but only after asking and pointing out not being upgraded either. As it is - no breakfast for free.
Wow,

A complete devaluation of benefits at this property.

Honestly no reason to stay here anymore if you are a Spire Elite.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Wow,

A complete devaluation of benefits at this property.

Honestly no reason to stay here anymore if you are a Spire Elite.
Probably the extras were always going to be just for opening 2015 year to build a repeating guest customer base, and get guests eating in the hotel, and maybe as compensation for usual hotel issues on soft openings with not everything 100% from day 1

If enough regulars stop booking Indigo or stop eating inside hotel, the Indigo post policy change, may need to rethink , but I don't know any other hotel offering such a f&b credit in Bangkok.

means platinum/spires will see hotel as 800baht more costly when comparing rates with othe Bangkok hotels which could make hotel non competitive, especially for those with other elite brands status too
Old Jan 17, 2016, 5:36 pm

Same here - usually get club access at CP.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:37 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Just checked into the Hotel Indigo Bangkok.

I was not offered the 800bht per day but inquired about it. The front desk told me they stopped offering it as of Jan 1, 2016.

However, since I booked my reservation BEFORE Jan 1, they went ahead and gave it to me. ^^^
Old Jan 24, 2016, 5:57 am

This is interesting - Indigo stopped offering comped breakfast while InterContinental BKK is now offering a choice of either breakfast or happy hour at the bar for Plats.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:20 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
This is interesting - Indigo stopped offering comped breakfast while InterContinental BKK is now offering a choice of either breakfast or happy hour at the bar for Plats.
I believe The November/December elite amenity is discontinued now

The nov2015-dec2015 extras are no more , club access rooms no longer give free non-alcoholic drinks from minibar, nor option of b/f in restaurant instead of b/f in lounge.

RA trial of minibar snacks being allowed is also finished and not extended
Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: AA, BA, HH
Here now on an award stay as a spire. No F&B credit but did receive a nice enough upgrade to a corner room and two drinks at the bar. They did not offer me breakfast nor a discount on the 599 baht price. I will venture down the street for breakfast. The hotel is very nice and I find the room comfortable.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 1:00 am

Here today on a one night paid stay.

Quoted breakfast price was 700+ thb?!?! from which I was offered a 20% discount as a Spire after asking. Meh.

A nice upgrade to high floor corner room and some free drinks at the bar. The hotel and the view are very nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.