Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Glasgow Theatreland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2022, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Chuckles
HI. Looking to book this hotel in May 2023. Reward nights have only been available thru April 2023 for some time now. Does anyone know when May 2023 will open up? Thanks!
Rewards nights are available at the same time as cash bookings so as of today you can book up to 9th Sept 2023 and tomorrow that will move over to 10th Sept and so on

So it’s not that they haven’t been released - they have - they are just booked up already and ditto for cash.

As mentioned Glasgow is on the short list for Eurovision next May and many fans - and entering countries - have simply booked rooms in many of the shortlisted cities. If It isn’t Glasgow then expect a lot of inventory to open up within minutes of the announcement of which ever city it is!

I have a booking in Manchester (another strong possibility) for early May booked before it was even announced the UK was going to host. Prices are currently 3 times what I paid in both cash or miles. My booking isn’t Eurovision related I just like to book early as like Glasgow it’s a sports and concert destination even before special events like Eurovision and conferences get tossed onto the mix

The host city announcement is due easily next month.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 7:35 am

Hi;
It is hard to believe that every single day from May 1, 2023 thru Sept is booked, while not a single day in April is booked up. Seems more like they have not released inventory yet post April 30. Seems Eurovision would not be the reason to hold inventory post-May. Has to be something else going on here.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I just did a random searches for 5 - 12 June, 10 - 12 July, 24 - 25 July and points rates are available. As they are 8-9th September - the end of the current booking window.

There is also availability from 3-13 August which is when the World Cycling Championships are being held in Glasgow.

So it’s quite clear inventory has been released.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 9:23 am

Hi; I am so, so sorry. I was looking at the Holiday Inn EXPRESS. So this is in the wrong thread. So sorry. If you know why HIX Theaterland has no availability, PM me rather than dirtying up this thread more. So sorry
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Chuckles
Hi; I am so, so sorry. I was looking at the Holiday Inn EXPRESS. So this is in the wrong thread. So sorry. If you know why HIX Theaterland has no availability, PM me rather than dirtying up this thread more. So sorry
Same owners and they share a revenue team so they will most likely all be released at or around the same time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.