Wiki Posts
Search

Priority club promotion problems

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2013, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1MM Diamond
Angry Priority club promotion problems

Yesterday I registered for the "Stay 10 nights, get 15,000 points" promotion and got a email confirmation on it. Today, I look at my offer status and it shows me registered for the "Stay 18 nights, get 20,000 points" promotion.

I had the same thing happen to me in December when i registered or a "Stay 7 nights and get 10,000 miles (plus 5,000 more every 7 nights)" and got a "Stay 2 Nights, Get 2,500 Points" promotion posted to my account. I stayed 52 nights in Intercon properties after registering for that so i effectively lost 30,000 points because of that issue. Emails to their "customer service" people was useless despite staying at their properties 100 nights in the past 12 months.

Has anyone else experienced problems when registering for Priority Club promotions?

Thanks!
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Ever tried search function? (on this forum)
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:36 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Eplanet
welcome to Flyertalk and the IC forum.
yes it has happened to me and unfortunately whatever is on the my offer link is what you are stuck with in my experience.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 1:17 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by eplanet
Yesterday I registered for the "Stay 10 nights, get 15,000 points" promotion and got a email confirmation on it. Today, I look at my offer status and it shows me registered for the "Stay 18 nights, get 20,000 points" promotion.

Has anyone else experienced problems when registering for Priority Club promotions?

Thanks!
Before asking have a look at the thread. FT'ers are happy to help with answers but it is very annoying if you post questions already covered in a thread without reading thread first. In last couple of pages this exact issue was reported quite a few times.

Anyway best info is that everyone who registers sees the next higher nights/points on offers page, but counters/percentage stay true to what you sign up to. IHG have supposedly confirmed this to at least 1 FT'er who contacted them to query.

I see my own updated offer as 6 nights, 60%, in line with my registration for 10nights, although description currerntly showing as the 18nights offer.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1MM Diamond
Thanks everyone for your comments. I have written customer service and will update the thread with their response.

Thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:08 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
and you were targeted for the promo?
Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:27 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by eplanet
Thanks everyone for your comments. I have written customer service and will update the thread with their response.

Thanks!
So you don't read the thread before posting, then you ignore responses, well done.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Give the guy a break its his first post.
You were new here once.
I know when I was new I didn't know how the system worked,
And there is a prob with this promo as you have just described.
Mine is wrong as well.
It was a fair question for a new be.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:54 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Welcome to Flyertalk, eplanet.

We have a thread covering all promotion and also the problems which come with the many promotions. This thread is a sticky and also have references to other threads and is here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ad-2013-a.html

Since we try to avoid having multiple threads about the very same subject, I am going to close this thread. Most topics are covered in this forum and you get the results by using the search functionality of the forum.

Regards
FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.